SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Anyone Giving Up Coloring to Go Gray?

amck2
15 years ago

Today is "root day" for me. Midway between my scheduled monthly hair appointments the gray hair in my part and temples begin to sprout and I take a couple hours to color them.

I'm just maintaining my natural hair color at this point. I was doing highlights for several years, but as the ratio of graying hair grew the double-processing began to weaken and dry my hair. So now I have an all-over color that leans to the lightest strands of my natural med. brown hair.

Every time I see Jamie Lee Curtis I am tempted to cut my hair and just let it go natural, but I'm afraid it would age me tremendously. I don't have JLC's height or bone structure. My size, facial features, current hairstyle, are much like Sally Field's. I'm afraid if I go gray I'll look like when she played the mother in Forrest Gump...

DH & I are in our early 50's. He has that Richard Gere salt & pepper hair that, I think, makes him look distinguished and even more handsome.

Would love to hear from anyone who is thinking of, or who has taken the plunge....

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz