Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MBT shoes - 'Fashion' ?

Posted by haffie (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 11:39

Hi all,
Posting here for first time and do not know where else to check - maybe KT - but anyway...

Have any of you ever seen or worn those MBT (pricey) sport or walking shoe based on the movements of the Masi? Supposed to be very good for posture and 'unused muscles' of which I have plenty! Also have knee problem (miniscus) but not too severe yet and want to start walkikng more.
Thanks for your opinions...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MBT shoes - 'Fashion' ?

They look interesting but I have never tried them.

o

Seen them. Never tried them. I think they work on the same principle as Earth shoes. Earth shoes offer more fashion options.

o

Tried them on today. The soles are like a half circle. When yhou stand at rest, the foot rests on the ground just below the arch. The heel is at one end of the half circle, and it is softer than the rest of the sole. I had a hard time feeling comfortable in them, but noticed that as I walked around the store, they were getting more easy to wear.

o

Thanks for info - I am here in Austria where they are seen quite often. Am thinking of buying a pair (or 2 at this price!) and think maybe I should just try them on like you did Sheilajoyce. I checked them out at Zappos and will save HUGE amounts of money. They all run around $435.00 in dollars over here, and around $250.00 at Zappos no shipping, free return. Guess if I do not like them, or can not get used to them and fall flat on my face, I can always send them back any time, I was told. Did you get a pair Sheilajoyce?

Speaking of shoes, definitely 'fashion' heading is the "Bare Soles" which family member told me about...what an idea. Next summer tho for me! Buy one sole, different tops and I'm set to go!

o

Whoops - I meant 'Onesoles' shoes, not Bare Soles!

o

I just got an Avon cataloge Campaign 20 and they have knockoffs of these MBT shoes for $39.99/oxford and $29.99/slide on page #119. Description says leather and man made materials. The "rocker" sole does not look as curved though. They seem too flat in the center. The MBT shoes looked kind of dangerous to wear on stairs though. Maybe these would be good "starter shoes"?

I knew they would come out with knockoffs somewhere at some point in time. They got knockoff Crocs and knockoff Earth out. Now the question is; Are these as good as the originals?

There is also a free Curves pass for a tour and analysis that comes with a pair of these - a ussles add-on if you ask me.

*They also have the fake Crocs with rhinestones in gold, silver or black. Oh-la-la. I don't know if they are the comfy kind like Payless has, or just the look-a-likes like Target has.

o

I have a pair of MBT shoes. They are excellent for distance walking, but not so safe for wearing around the house; you can lose your balance with quick starts, stops and pivots.

o

That's what I suspected. Thanks for the input.

o

Thanks all for the comments...have decided to go ahead and order pair from Zappos to be there when I return home. Will give them a try walking, and do agree with above postings, both, that walking up or down stairs will not be a good idea...will also walk around the house till I feel VERY comfortable AND SAFE, then head outside on sidewalks for the walking program I want to do. At these prices, they should be filled with gold on the inside of the soles! But lots cheaper than Europeans are paying for them, that's for sure.

The Earth shoe sounds interesting as well. Thanks all again.

o

I purchased a pair of the MBT Shoes called the sport white. When I received them, I was a bit thrown back on how weird they looked. They looked clunky and huge. I put them on and was instantly feeling weird. They rock back and forth, due to the curved sole. But after a few minutes of wearing these MBT's, I became use to the weird motion and began to walk around. They actually felt really good. Walking felt better from some reason. As you walk, the shoe actually propels you in a correct fashion. When standing still, you feel more upright and my back felt more straight

Here is a link that might be useful: MBT Shoes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here