Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed! outfits w/flat shoes for work for 40yo

Posted by kraftdee (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 11:21

I need outfit ideas for work. casual but professional flat shoes. i'm used to wearing skirts and pumps but my work changed and i don't want to wear heels anymore but I don't want to look frumpy. I don't know where to shop or what to look for. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed! outfits w/flat shoes for work for 40yo

Get 3-4 pair of good fitting dress pants, and then choose dressy tops that would match all of them. Your shoes should be 2-3 pair of black, brown and tan shoes, colors that compliment the pants.

If you are on a budget, places like Kohls or JCPenney's have great sales and you can find everything including shoes and accessories there. If you have a larger budget, I like Macy's, they have some great designers in all sizes.

o

Also if you find shoes and a brand you like, do a little comparison shopping on shoebuy.com and/or zappos.com. Free shipping both ways if you need to return.

o

Try shoebuy.com. You can search by heel height.

I find that ballet shoes or boots look nice.

Whatever you do, stay away from anything with shoelaces--it screams "matronly"!

o

This may not be suitable for work, but sometimes i wear a long dress with flat sandals. I like the look sometimes. Other than that the dress pants & nice top is always good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here