SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acey_gw

Hairpieces! Who wears one? I LOVE mine!!!

acey
14 years ago

A friend of mine called me one day a few months ago to ask me to accompany her to "make a decision"...a surprise she needed a vote of confidence on.

Turns out, we met at a salon where she was thinking about a hairpiece to boost her thin hair. I gave her thumbs up on the investment.

She and I both have thin hair, and she thought I might be interested in the idea too. I watched the store owner cut it and style it for her. She's looking great.

So the other day, I was parked in my car putting on lipstick. I caught my reflection in the visor mirror. I could see the curvature of my scalp through my thin hair, and I knew "it was time". So, on a whim, I dropped everything and drove to that salon. Turns out, it was a quiet time, and the owner remembered me from accompanying my friend. It was meant to be, if you know what I mean.

She really went into my preferences, needs, and well, I've got a lovely, short hairpiece that really gives oomph to my thinning bangs, and my flat, sparse crown.

I wore it to work immediately! I have many customers and all thought I just got a new cut and color that looks fantastic...a few comments "you look great!". My own DH wondered what I had done. Took me til the next day to tell him the truth!!! And he likes it very much.

It's comfy, lightweight, and I LOVE just throwing it on and looking like a million bucks !!! No more bad hair days for me!!!!

I have several cancer surviving friends who have used wigs, but my, my, how the whole hairpiece market has changed, and the quality and the light feel...not like my Mother's wigs of old!

So, who sports a hairpiece??? And what made you get one?

Comments (3)

Sponsored