Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Evening Wedding

Posted by debbie814 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 13, 06 at 6:08

We will be attending an evening wedding in October which will be held at an old castle, and the reception will immediately follow at the same location. I am trying to avoid buying a dress, and since I have mostly business suits, I'm wondering if wearing a suit is acceptable. I am thinking about my red or plum color suit. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evening Wedding

How about suit "bottoms" and a dressy glitzy top?

o

I think a suit would look very nice, red or plum. Do you have a pretty pin for the lapel to make it be less business-like?

o

I think the plum colored suit,, with a very bright sequined top., maybe with various colors but with plum in it also, I'm thinking something with peacock colors.. all deep shades .

o

The glitzy top is a great idea. One more question - I have a fancy pant suit that consists of a turtleneck shell, long tunic top with fringe at the bottom and pants. All in a cocoa brown. Would that be too casual to wear to an evening wedding? I could wear a long necklace with earthtone beads and long earrings.

o

I just received the wedding invitation today, and it states "Formal Attire". So I will be wearing a long black skirt, with a glitzy top. Thanks for your replies.

o

debbie, can't go wrong with the long black skirt ; that brown suit did seem a tad casual.

o

I am attending an evening wedding this month. It will be held partly outdoors so heels won't work. I'll sink in the grass, darn it.

o

Wear lots of glitzy and large jewelry. Go for the dramatic effect.

Depends on the lawn for heels. Our outdoor wedding and reception were on a lawn that no one could tell was fake. Heels were fine. But I would assume it is real grass and not wear spikey heels. I think a broad heel would work, even a high one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here