Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bare Escentuals VS Jane Iredale

Posted by pjgolden1 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 03 at 0:25

I've been trying to compare these two products and have read the comments left here one them. But those comments were a while back. So now I am asking, has anyone tried both and were able to compare the differences? I can't really get a grasp, from the conversations, on what those differences are.

I do know that Ulta has the Bare Escentuals that I plan on trying there in the store. But the closest place to me that sells the Jane Iredale, has to set up appointments with them. I'm afraid that when I get to either place, I'll be suckered into buying products that I don't need.

I'm 43 and trying to cover light skin with light rosacea acne, small broken blood vessels and small patches of I guess what you'd call age spots.

My daughters are 20 and 23 and they are trying to cover fair skin with freckles (lots on one of them) and acne scarring and sking discoloration.

Thanks for any advice,
Paula

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bare Escentuals VS Jane Iredale

I just ordered the Bare Minerals Basic kit and I've had it less than a week. I'm still experimenting with it so I can't say either way, but so far I've been pleased. The video was especially helpful. I haven't tried Jane Iredale's line before. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bare Minerals Basic kit

o
RE: Bare Escentuals VS Jane Iredale

I just heard of people who have had good results in reducing discolorations from skin with a product called Vita-K. There are several formulations but they either used the age spot remover or the one for discolorations. It does work slowly, however, but apparently does work. I just saw it at Long's and Walgreen's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here