Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite moisturizer?

Posted by Nike (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 04 at 23:42

I always get so confused when shopping for a new moisturizer. I used to love the one by Biore because it had this wonderful fruity scent to it. Now that I'm thirty I'm looking for something more than just a plain moisturizer. Plus it's getting harder for me to find this moisturizer in stores anymore. Any recommendations?

A couple of months ago I purchased Pond's Replenishing Moisturizer Lotion, which seems to be alright for my sensitive, oily skin.

Then last night I purchased (on a whim) Pond's Dramatic Results, which claims "skin brightening" and "age defying" on the bottle. It also listed w/alpha hydroxy, retinol, and Vitamin C on there as well. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite moisturizer?

I love the Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and Perfecting cream. I've tried a lot of moisturizers, but with this I could feel the difference immediately. I've even had people ask me if I had different makeup. I could tell a difference in the look and feel of my skin after using it only a couple of weeks. I'm in my 40's and my skin is drier than it used to be, so I'm not sure how it would do on oily skin. I also like Purpose, but as I got a little older, I needed something more than just a moisturizer. After trying the Regenerist line--I'm hooked.

Olay is really good about sending out samples of their products. If your interested in trying their products, you could go to the Olay website and check it out.

Hope you get lots of replies, I can't wait to see what works for everyone else. Donna

o

Hmm... I think I'll check out Olay's website. I did see a bunch of their products at Walmart and Longs, but always get so confused with the multiple types of products out there.

Thanks for your input Donna!

o

I have combination skin, am middle-aged and have a few wrinkles. I have several facial moisturizers which are all okay, but nothing special to recommend.

Most recently I wash my face (usually with Cetaphil lotion), and pat it with a towel, leaving it slightly damp. Then I put a dab of shea butter and a couple of drops of Jojoba oil in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and apply the mixture over the skin of my face and neck.

Those oils on top of damp skin seem to hold the moisture for quite some time. I apply an oil-free foundation over this with a cosmetic sponge, and I'm satisfied with how it looks and lasts.

For moisturizing my hands and feet I also like the Cucina lotion that smells like coriander. Sometimes I use it on my neck, too. It contains olive oil and olive leaf extract.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here