Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Redness under eyes. What to do??

Posted by evatx (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 23:14

It's not dark circles under my eyes - its very red. I've tried several concealers that don't take care of it. Is it possible the skin there has gotten bruised somehow? I've successfully used products that get rid of the puffiness but nothing works on the redness. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Redness under eyes. What to do??

First of all, try a yellow tinted concealer, that usually reduced the red. If that doesn't help, I would see an eye doctor to make sure all is okay with your eyes.

Good Luck!

o

could be allergies;
you might try an antihistimine.

I wish you the best!

o

No, try a green based concealer. Green and Red are opposites and "cancel" creating a neutral.

Yellow based concealer is to cancel the Purple under the eyes AKA "dark circles".

More importantly, try to find out the cause of the redness. You could be getting a reaction from a skin product you are using and the last thing you want to do is aggravate it further.

o

How do you find out if your concealer is red, green or what? It doesn't say on the packaging does it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here