Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to control facial oil?

Posted by snoodles (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 27, 06 at 21:47

Hi! I am hoping someone has a tried and true method for this. I swear I can feel oil producing on my chin and cheeks (near my nose/eyes) at all times. When my picture is taken, yep major shine and yuck.
I've looked Biore Shine Control Moisturizer but I am afraid of moisturizers. I just don't know.
Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!
TIA!!
Erika

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to control facial oil?

Hi Erika,

Hope you check back, it's been a while since you posted this question.

Don't laugh, try a little Milk of Magnesia. Rub it on with a non lint-y type of cloth. I sometimes use a paper towel, or even, just my fingers. Don't go crazy with it.

Hope this helps.

Rita

o

Thank you Rita! I have never heard of such a thing as using MoM before. I would do this prior to putting on make up or at night? "Tap" it in or just barely rub?
Sounds like an very inexpensive idea though :)

Thanks again!

Erika

o

I've done this and it works. I just rub a tad on with my fingers prior to makeup. Don't use too much or you'll have a white cast to your skin. I only put it on my t-zone since that's where I'm the oiliest.

o

I use Clean and Clear oil-blotting sheets during the day. They soak up the excess oil extremely well and leave your make-up in tact.

o

You might also try washing morning and evening with a product containing tea tree oil.

My husband has very oily skin and used to be quite acne prone. He started using a tea tree oil wash from the Body Shop and the oil/acne problem improved significantly.

Now he's using a tea tree wash from Desert Essence, and that works well also. You can probably find it at Whole Foods or a health products store.

This won't help during the day, but it might help reduce the overall amount of whole your skin produces.

Here is a link to the Desert Essence product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea Tree Face Wash

o

Also, did you know that tea tree oil is one of the best natural healers. If you get blemishes use pure tea tree oil on the blemish. Tea tree oil sounds like an oil but it is not oily. It only heals. Milk of magnesia works. I can't believe people still use that!! When I was a teenager in the sixties we used MOM. Well, somethings are still good today:)

o

Erika,

Have you tried it yet?? Paloma 2001 already answered your question regarding how to use it. Yeah, I have put too much on before and looked like a ghost. But its easy to take back off too. And your right, it is pretty cheap, even the store brand works.

Rita

o

The MOM is great!! I tried it and didn't start to shine until late afternoon - about 4 or 5 pm. Normally I am blotting my face all day. Thanks for the tip!

o

Hi Erika,

Rather than just applying treatment to your skin, there are some food whcih can also help you control the facial oil problem.

try to eat carrots, it got some nutrition that can help the skin to control the oil issue.

i hope this helps =)

cheers~

o

Ok my face has been oily since I was 12 I'm 32 now and it jus gets worse. My back even gets oily. My mom told me to use a moisterizer but I don't like using anything else that gets me shinning even more. And from this my face continues to breakout and I HATE IT. can a dermotologist please respond????????? Thank u

o

I do aspirin masks once a week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here