Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Store Bought Shampoo?

Posted by Meghan79 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 20:17

Hi everyone! So yes I am well versed on skin care and make-up, but when it comes to hair...well lets just say that is NOT my forte. lol

So my question is: What is a good store bought brand of shampoo? My husband is simple and uses head and shoulders, but do not have dandruff and since he doesn't have a conditioner my hair usually doesn't feel like I know it should.

I have fine, thick hair, and I have never dyed it. Thanks for your opinions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Store Bought Shampoo?

Hi,
The best I've used lately is the L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free I buy at the drugstore. I get the reconstructing kind (green tubes), but they have anti-frizz, volume, etc. I got tired of paying for those salon brands. These are cheap and they work great.
Donnachloe

o

OO thanks! I will check that out!

o

My absolute favorite is Biolage shampoo and conditioner (white bottle with green leaves on it). You can find it at most drug and grocery stores, and many times salons will have a sale on it where you get one of each for about 40% off the total. Always stop at salons in the malls, they usually have something on sale.

A little goes a LONG way with both products, I have hair to my waist and it is in perfect condition, I get it trimmed about twice a year.

The regular formula works the best for me. And use the conditioner sparingly, like seriously a dime size flat drop will go all over my hair. I, like you, have thin, silky hair that is "virgin" but a whole lot of it, and every time it gets this long I donate it to the Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs out of human hair for cancer patients.

o

you can go to drugstore to buy it to try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here