SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_dally_gw

Mineral Make-Up. OUCH!

dilly_dally
15 years ago

I bought some cheap, err, inexpensive mineral make-up at the drugstore. The brand was 'Wet and Wild' . (I told you it was cheap stuff.) I'm not promoting the brand nor am I dissing it.

I read the ingredients on the box and there was no talc in it (Good) and contained all mineral ingredients (From what I could tell).

I am aware from reading the forums, that some people do not like how bismuth oxychloride feels on their skin. "Itchy" they say.

Well, I used the stuff twice early in May when I bought it. No problems.

I don't wear any foundation in the summer so it sat in my linen closet.

In the meantime, during the summer months, I started using a microfiber spa washcloth on my face. (Love it. It really polishes the skin for a nice glow.)

So now I bring out the mineral make-up again to start using it again now that my tan is fading and I am not sweating all the time from the heat and humidity.

I had just finished washing my face with the spa microfiber cloth and very gentle cleanser like always. I put the mineral stuff on my face and OOOOOooooooooowwwwiiiiieeee. It burned like crazy. It felt like acid had been thrown on my face. Or like a really really bad sunburn with sand on it.

I do realize that since I did not have a problem with the make-up before, it has to do with the microfiber facecloth removing all the dead skin and oil that had been protecting my face and not leaving any protective layer.

I don't know if I will continue to use the mineral make-up without the scrubbing first or just toss it. I am REALLY concerned about how dangerous this stuff may be. Are there any reports of anyone getting it in their eye? Can it ruin contact lenses if a little of the mineral dust gets on them? The make-up seems very "dusty" and I had read that it settles all over the bathroom on light fixtures and stuff. I am wondering what a little bit of this dust does to your lungs? Could it be like asbestos? Anyone have any feedback or links about this?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RoomAntics Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning, Expert Interior Design Firm