Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crack Cream

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 04 at 19:23

I have ugly feet, dried and cracked in places and sometimes they're painful and in the winter, fuggetaboutit! I just bought this stuff today, impulse purchase in CVS, has anybody ever used this? (It smells great like cloves.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Zim's Crack Creme

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crack Cream

No, but I love your thread title!!

o

I remember someone on the Roses Forum swearing by the stuff, but I cannot find the thread.

What I did find was this testemonial on the Tips and Techniques Forum:

RE: Dry, sore garden hands!

* Posted by: Bessboro Zone 4 (My Page) on Fri, May 17, 02 at 6:21

Hi I have been battling sore cracked fingers for many years and have tried just about everything My hands dry out and crack not only from working in the garden dirt but also concrete, sheetrock dust from sanding and just about anything else that dries your skin. Walmart carries a product that I tried and worked great for me. It's called Zim's Crack Creme. I can't say enough good about it. They have two different formulas: Creamy daytime Formula and a Liquid Skin Care Formula. I tried both seperately. For me the Creamy Daytime Formula worked the best. I rubbed a small amount onto all my fingers and massaged it in good for a few minutes then repeated this three times over a two hour period while watching TV. It seems to disappear into the skin in about 5 minutes and leaves a nice feelingand all the soreness is gone even the bleeding cracks will be healed.It is great to find something that really works well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- --

o

Thanks Petaloid. I'm just giving it a try, but so far it feels really good and I love the scent!

Oh, Weed, welcome back from vacation! I knew this would getcha!

o

LOL Weed!

You can run, but you can't hide from us Woodie!

o

:) my mom's been using it for years, actually- when I was REAL little, she had something else that a friend concocted, but it smelled like raw lanolin and roses (about as pleasant a combination as Drakkar Noir and wet dog) and the Zim's is certainly an improvement!

o

I've been using this cream all week (its really more like an oil, but it soaks in and doesn't stay greasy for very long) and its really good! I don't know about the herbal formula that they claim is so good, I'm thinking its probably the glycerine that softens the skin and allows the cracks to heal, but whatever, it smells great and my feet are better and don't hurt anymore. I have happy feet.

(Hi Bev!)

o

Woodie, the cream is available in Canada so I'll be looking for it.

I have a tube of rich karite nut butter and when I neglect my feet and hands for a few days, I very liberally coat them with this rich butter and put on white cotton gloves on my hands and cotton sock on my feet- after 30 minutes the cream is absorbed. It's a good way to do an emergency treatment when you've got time to sit and let the cream absorb. You could do the same with your Crack Creme; what an odd name, I keep getting a mental image of very desolate looking drug users standing in line at Walgreens with armfuls of tubes....

o

LOL, Mitch!

o

I get the mental image of plumbers....

o

Oh lord, LOL!!!!

o

Now if you rub the cream in is it supposed to make the plumber come or disappear?

o

I do believe I'll burn my keyboard right now.

o

Right 'behind' you weed.

Thanks, I needed that.

o

Love crack cream! It is great!

o

Wow, what a title for a thread,, at first I thought it might be something needed after wearing thongs.
Whatever floats your boat...

o

This might be one of those sleeper threads, that just keeps on going, little by little. Every couple of months, somebody resurrects it :-) I'm kind of proud!

o

Yep, I had to purchase this stuff today just to get a reaction out of my DH! I put it in his nightstand box, I can't wait for him to open it. We will be LOL over this one for a loooong time. Great thread woodie!

o

I wonder what was the person who named that stuff thinking? Was his/her tongue firmly in his cheek....or had he no clue about the connotations?
Linda C

o

My sister in law's boyfriend is a plumber. Guess what I put in his stocking last christmas-LOL

o

Sorry this is getting a bit OT. Reminds me of the time I called my Pediatrician about my DD's diaper rash. The RN told me she would call in a prescription for Butt Paste. I figured that was what they called diaper ointment around the office and thought it was a little rude to use that term with me. Low and behold, I picked up prescription "Butt Paste" from the pharmacy! Can you believe someone named it this???

o

Wow, coston, LOL. Wonder who the head of their marketing department is? Same person as Zim's Crack Creme, I bet:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Butt Paste

o

Crack Cream and Butt Paste - LOLOL!!

o

Zim's crack cream is great and I have heard the Butt Paste is very good. A cream I just discovered is Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Cream. My skin is always so dry and I don't use creams consistently as I should. I can use the Gold Bond Ultimate 2 or 3 times a week and my skin stays soft.

o

DD is using Butt Paste on Katie's diaper rash. She swears by it. To say I don't care for the name is putting it mildly. Seems like everything is meant to shock these days.

o

The Butt Paste inventor was on Oprah.

o

Alright, who wants to suggest this to Eileen?

Here is a link that might be useful: Substitution reqeust

o

LOL Jessy, I think you should do it!

The Boudreauxs Butt Paste is from my home state, actually only about an hour from here. This stuff has been on the market for along time in Louisiana, is just now getting some attention. It's a great product for diaper rash, but not a substitution for mayo on chicken. Heheheh

o

You're supposed to use the Butt Paste after your cream cracks...hehe.

o
Seriously, though...

I use "Udderly Smooth" (AKA Bag Balm) which is marketed in a cute holstein-paterned tube as something used on cow udders for "painful cracks." Apparently all of these products are a little risque in name/description!

o

Oh geez ... LOL ... I'm so glad I wandered in here today! Haven't laughed this hard in a week!

o

I bought Krack for my feet, and I use it after I soak my feet and then scrape the edges of my heel with a microplane grater (which I bought before microplane made foot products).

Lars

o

We sell Zim's crack cream in the OTC section of our drug store. A lot of diabetics like using it on their feet. It sells very well. It was originally in the diabetic supplies section. Now it's in First Aid. I personally, haven't used it. Have you tried any of the Dr Scholls products? They have a foot soak powder and exfoliating creams, foot lotions, pumous stones, foot files........ the whole nine yards.

o

I bought some but I hate the smell..... when I see the tube in my drawer, I pull it out but when I open it, urgh..........
There are too many good cremes that have an appealing smell, so my tube is going in the trash...

o

Mitch, I can see why someone wouldn't care for the smell! I happen to like it, I think it smells like a baked ham studded with cloves, LOL!

o

woodie, I guess that would be a good scent for a cooking addict;
I could wear the cream and pretend I've been cooking, lol....

o

Weed30, I love that little laughing character banging its fist. Thanks for the laughs!

o

First of all, I LOVE the subject line. Got my attention!

That said, I'm not crazy about Crack Cream. Too oily for me. I prefer using Alpha Hydrox or Avon's Silicon Glove.

Paula

o

First of all, I LOVE the subject line. Got my attention!

That said, I'm not crazy about Crack Cream. Too oily for me. I prefer using Alpha Hydrox or Avon's Silicon Glove.

Paula

o

Then names may be awful, but I bet we all remember them!

For the feet, my favorite is Neutrogena Foot Cream. Smells delicious and heals those rough feet. I tried the Crack Cream--I get those cracks around the nails--but I didn't care for it much. I preferred Burts Bees cuticle cream.

o

I've just been poking around looking for something interesting, and Crack Cream caught my eye! If you don't mind another solution..... I have a prescription cream from my dermotologist called LacHydrin.It's not the sweetest smelling stuff, but it keeps my feet from cracking and heals the cracks I get when I've neglected to use it. I have tried many, many other creams and lotions and LacHydrin (or its generic counterpart) is far superior.

o

It makes you laugh. Never heard of this one.

o

I bought some Crack Cream. Just had to, ya know. I haven't tried it on my feet but I can't use it on my hands, the scent is rather overbearing! Is it just me?

o

barnmom, I hate the smell also; woodie says it reminds her of baked ham, how attractive for a hand smell......

o

No, it's not just you! I know I'm in the minority here, but I just don't mind the scent. Reminds me of the dentist office from when I was a little girl.

o

Woodie, I'm starting to worry...

o

Sorry, Barnmom, what can I say. I yam what Iyam :-)

o

dr scholls has some stuff for cracked heels--strong citrus scent. i use it at night with the funny socks that you see in the grocery store in the health and beauty isle. it's working great for me so far. i did a lot of waitressing in my younger years lots of wear and tear with the high heels and later combat boots thanks to Uncle Sam's poor fashion sense....

o

I agree with mitchdesj, Zim's Crack Creme is awesome but the smell is a little intense.
They have a new product called GelPlus (works the same as the regular kind, except doesn't have any scent.)
I got some from their new website, I'm going to type in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zim's Crack Creme Website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here