SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbkidd_gw

Skin Tonner

jbkidd
17 years ago

What exactly does skin tonner do for your skin, is it worth the cost.

Thanks

Comments (5)

• socks
    17 years ago

For one think, I think it helps remove any residual make-up after washing the face.

I like to go to cosmeticscop.com and research cosmetics before I buy them. It's Paula Begoun, and she has some good info there about toners, not just what she sells but others too. She evaluates and rates cosmetics and gives her approval to many products which are not her own line.

• jbkidd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good site, thankyou

• jannie
    17 years ago

There is an article in the September issue of Oprah's magazine that describes what various cosmetics do. Toner is recommended only if you have oily skin, as it removes moisture and natural oils from the skin.

• centralcacyclist
    17 years ago

If you decide you want to try a toner, witch hazel is inexpensive choice. Thayer's makes an alcohol free witch hazel available at natural food stores and probably other places, too. Most witch hazel preparations contain some alcohol.

• skypathway
    17 years ago

Avoid witch hazel and other alcohol toners- they irritate and don't do anything to improve the skin. If it makes your skin tingle or feel dry - it is irritating.

Toner is irrelevant - the facial cleanser should remove all your make up - and good rinsing with water should remove the facial cleanser from your skin. I know Paula - cosmetic cop sells toners, but in her books she will tell you they are not necessary. I guess some people are so ingrained with the idea that you have to use a toner, that she has accommodated them.

Sponsored