Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What products are you using now?

Posted by Gina_w (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 03 at 17:51

What cosmetics are you using now and how do you like them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What products are you using now?

I scaled back my makeup collection a few years ago, so the pieces I have now are vital...

a direct-sales company named BEAUTYCONTROL makes my pressed powder- it's a wet/dry compact that is unllike anything else I've tried even close to the price, it's silky and even and stays put and wet, it covers the light burn scar on my forehead, something nothing else has done.

Lancome's liquid eye lining pen in brown/black

don't really have a mascara that I'm attatched to, but I do like the old fashioned maybeline cobalt blue in the traditional pink bottle.

a GAP eyeshadow called 'sunkissed' that's a pale peach ,

and the new Sally Hanson 'prism' line of nail polish- the one that changes color as your eye moves across it- I have it in ever shade they make, and my toenails are thrilled with it- and I'm happy with the coverage and staying power.

o

cleanser- Alpha Hydrox face wash or Clean & Clear cleansing scrub in the evening, Olay cleanser in the morning
toner- Sea Breeze or Neutrogena oil-free
blemish control- Neutrogena Night time clear pore cleanser, Oxy5 for sensitive skin, Persa-gel 10

foundation- Cover Girl Fresh Look, Revlon Colorstay Stay Natural, Revlon New Complexion (all oil-free)
blush- Revlon Smooth On
mascara- Almay one-coat
eyeshadow- Revlon & Almay in earth tones
eyeliner- Revlon or Cover Girl(twist up) pencils in navy blue, Wet & Wild in a medium blue
lipliner- Wet & Wild in a nude lip tone
lipstick- Using up my stash of discontinued Naturistics & trying to color-match it with something new.

(BTW, whenever possible I'm supporting the U.S. economy & jobs by buying from American beauty companies like: Revlon, Clinique, Almay, Cover Girl, Estee Lauder, Mary Kay, Merle Norman, Nexus, Jheri Redding, Clairol, Olay, Liz Claiborne, etc.)

Karen

o

I'm using Estee Lauder moisturizers - turning 40 in April...
I recently have had 2 friends with surgery scars who used Estee Lauder Night Repair and their scars are fading and flattening out unbelievably fast. I figured if it worked so well for that I may as well try it on my face!!! It is really nice stuff - a bit pricey, but nice.

o

Revlon's color stay foundation, I swear by it. Loreal's Accentous, No matter which new mascara's I try I always go back to this one, as well as my Mabelline extended wear lipsticks. These are my 3 staples and the rest I just dabble in not really commited to any in particular.
Angel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here