SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cupajoe_gw

Hair Woes

cupajoe
19 years ago

I've been married for 17 years to a man who's sister does hair.Ever since getting married,his family has insisted that she be the only person to do my hair.I used to cut my own bangs,and finally became sick of listening to his family harp about how bad my hair looked,so I gave in.BTW,it was never bad when I cut it.I've had 17 years of her doing what ever she wants to my hair,despite my suggestions.Of course everyone in his family thinks she does great work on my hair.For me it's been years of layered perms (I hate layers) or cutting the back into a point instead of straight across (my hair is waist long),or trimming a foot off my hair everytime I need it trimmed.A few years ago when the white hairs started growing in,she tried to dye them.The dye rinsed out,and she ended up foiling and highlighting my hair with lots of light brown ,and gold strands.Because of the way it was foiled,this lasted about six months before the new growth needed redoing.I loved it.Next time I went back(told her how much I loved it) she painted a brown shade on my white hairs,and it washed out.For the last five years she hasn't put any color on that stayed on.She hasn't foiled me since then.I would like to take the plunge and dye my own hair.I used to color it once in a while before I married.Right now my hair is permed.Anyone on this forum who can advise me?I don't want to ruin my hair,but I have a hard time believing that all dye rinses out.Sandy

Comments (13)

Sponsored