Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bare Minerals - addons HELP

Posted by dayenu (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 16:47

Tell me about the extra colors like warmth true and glow (I think) that are not foundations nor are they blushes.

How does one use them? What's your opinion?

I wear #1 foundation with bisque under it as a concealer. I ama very fair ash blonde with redness down the middle of my face.

and won't my brush get contaminated with color if I use the foundation brush?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bare Minerals - addons HELP

Those colors are blushes really. If you wish to use them, you'll need to get a different brush. I don't use these "all-over" face colors, plus blush - it's just more stuff they're getting you to buy. If you like the color as a blush, use it as a blush. If you like adding color all over your face, use it that way. I found the "warmth" to be dark and muddy, and I don't need a color all over my face. I threw it out.

Just like any cosmetics line, there are lots of "add-ons" you can spend money on or ignore.

o

I use #1 foundation also and found the Warmth was WAY too dark for me. I used it as a bronzer when I had a tan for a few days.

I still haven't figured out what to do with the Bisque. I bought it, thinking it was a concealer. But the foundation covers just as well, I think. I have to experiment more with that.

And I do use a different brush for each powder. The only time I mix is when I use the blush. I just got the blush, and discovered that if I dip my brush in the Mineral Veil and then in the blush, it keeps the blush from going on too dark. The blush is very concentrated and you just need a tiny bit.

Has anybody tried the Clear Radiance? Is it too shiny?

o

I use Glee as my blusher. I apply it to my cheeks, sweep it onto my temples, and across my nose - very lightly. All of this, trying to get those places that the sun would naturally "kiss". Glee is a bit sparkly, but I find that when I follow up with a dusting of Mineral Veil, it's not too shiny or glittery. The MV kinda tones it down a bit.

I used Warmth when I was a bit tanner a few weeks ago, but as my tan faded slightly, it began to look really fake on me. Too orangey for my skin tone, I think.

o

I bought some little sample jars of blush on Ebay to see what colors I liked best. I figured by the time one of the pots was gone, I would know which one to buy. There's a lot of powder in those little jars, and I would recommend trying several if you're not sure. They aren't expensive, and also great to take along when you're traveling. I'm liking the Glee too...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here