Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shampoo without water - 'dry shampoo'?

Posted by agilliam (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 07 at 16:19

Post exercise, my hair is WET 2" out from my scalp. I don't have time to wash my hair every morning, nor do I want to - except for these 2" - because it dries the rest of it out. Anybody have any solutions? Have you tried "dry shampoo"? I looked it up and most are powders (some are sprays), but few got good reviews and those were $20+ for a small bottle. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shampoo without water - 'dry shampoo'?

You could start off by trying baby powder (talcum powder). I've used it myself when the top of my hair was a little oily. You just brush it out. I also have dry hair and this works rather well. Amazon.com also has some dry shampoos for under $10.

o

Thanks for the idea ramrice. Does the whiteness brush out completely?

o

Yes, it does if you use a boar bristle brush, the boar bristle brush helps with the oil too.

o

Many, many years ago (now I'm showing my age) there used to be a product call "Pssst". When I lived up north it really came in handy for a hurry up dry wash during the winter. You might want to check and see if it's still available. I think one of the major companies made it.

o

Hubby had surgery (doing well), so I am just now getting back to this. The baby powder did work & I happen to have a boar hair brush which removed the powder just fine. I made a mess in the bathroom though - trying to get the powder all over my scalp, not just on the top part that showed the most & my husband said I smelled like our one-year old. Ha! Wert9wert, I Googled Pssst & I found it - $5 for a large can. I am definitely going to try it. I think the spray would make less mess & maybe smell more grown-up. :) Thank you both for the ideas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here