Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Mom find 'the' bra

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 15:52

My 82 year old mother needs new bras. She has arthritis and doesn't want any closures on the bra. A pullover bra. I told her, "That's a sports bra". But when I took her to try on bras, she rejected anything with a racer-back. That cut out a lot of bras. There were only a couple that didn't have racer-backs, but they were tank style with no cup definition, pretty much just a wide elastic tube.

I'm considering the Genie Bra, but the reviews on it are pretty mixed.

Even sleep/leisure bras either have some kind of closure or are "cupless".

Does anyone know of a brand/style that might satisfy Mom?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Mom find 'the' bra

You don't mention her size, that would help a lot. If she is a large woman or has larger than a B cup then the Genie bra won't work, it's just the "magic" of TV and plastic surgery that helps those D cups be lifted back to heaven.

What about a front closure? They are easier than a back closure and might be the ideal thing for her. Most cities have specialty bra stores, try Googling it in your area.

o

Michelle, Mom is a 38C. The video I watched on YouTube uses four D models, as you mentioned. I figured it was too good to be true, though. Mom's pretty adamant about no closure at all.

o

Try Googling a bra store in your area. They may have the ideal bra or can convince her of a closure that would work for her. Sometimes strangers can get ideas through that we and our loved ones can't! Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here