Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leggings

Posted by sue43 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 15, 06 at 15:10

What style of shoes do you think look best worn with leggings????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leggings

This a really young look, isn't it? I checked out what Bloomingdale, Nordstrom, and Urban Outfitters paired with leggings on their sites. It's anything at all from short ballet slipper flats, wedges, high heels, to ankle boots.

o

Leggings are back in style?

o

Yes, leggings are back in style. I don't think you'll find me in them, though! Mutton dressed as lamb...

o

Are y'all talking about the bulky knitted things that are worn over a pair of pants, or the thin knitted pants that look like leotards?

I used to love the leotard-looking things, but it was hard to find oversized sweaters to go with them, & I didn't like the way they looked with shorter tops.

& it doesn't get cold enough here to wear extra layers over your pants!

o
RE: oops...

oops, forgot to answer the qustion.

I always wore ballet flats.

o

I like leggings worn with a long loose top that covers the butt. Can't stand them on anyone with a short top. Extremely obese people should probably avoid them. And please no beige leggings on anyone unless you are a figure skater wearing them under your skirt in place of tights.

I think they look cute on the junior figure with a short skirt. Flat shoes only please. I can't stand the high heeled streetwalker look with leggings.

Sylvia those bulky knitted things you are thinkng of are called leg warmers.

o

Definitely flats. I agree with Wildchild that the only attractive way to wear leggings is with a short skirt (or a long but not too baggy top, even though that screams 1980s, but we're talking about wearing leggings here, sooo,) and some flats, as long as the person is slender. WAAAAAY too many large people wear leggings as pants, with too short of a top and it just looks horrible.

You won't catch me in leggings though, slender or not! Heck I never even wore them as a teen in the 1980s. The closest thing to those that I did wear is *cough* stirrup pants.

o

Not a fan of leggings... at all. But recently saw in The Gap 'new' button-down shirts, pretty long... (And by 'new', I mean, a modernized version of something you've already got...) definitely look like they'd cover the derriere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here