Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Proper wedding attire

Posted by arizonarose (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 11 at 14:13

We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November in a small church in So. Ca.

Do you think it would be appropriate for my fiance to wear dress slacks, a nice dress shirt and tie instead of a suit?

Opinions please...thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Proper wedding attire

Yes, unless he is in the wedding that is acceptable attire for a casual wedding. If you find out it is a dressier affair, I would go with a suit.

o

Thanks, he will be glad to hear that. He REALLY doesn't want to wear a suit. I told him I thought it would be just fine.

o

I think he should wear something that is comfortable to him. He can wear long sleeve polo with a tie and don't use coat if he doesn't want it. It depends on the theme or restriction of the wedding. If it is a formal attire wedding he should wear suit. But if it's a casual attire wedding, he can wear what he wants.

o

Long sleeve and a tie is already okay, no need for suite.

o

I think it would depend on how fancy/formal the wedding is, and at what time of day. Just from "small church" and "southern california" it's hard to tell. Do you have the invitations yet? Venue and style can give clues. A nighttime reception at a country club, for instance, would indicate more formal to me, even if the invitations do not specify a dress code.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here