Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sports Bras for over 50 and Post Menopausal

Posted by tangerine_z6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 13:04

Hi. I find sports bras very comfortable and wear them when I can, in addition to the time I spend in outdoor activities year round. Over the years I have worn Nike, Champion, and Hanes (which were the most wonderful of all). Now that I am 51 I am having a harder time finding comfortable, well-fitting, quality bras. I need more length in the straps and greater coverage across the front than I find in recent styles. Some of the others have felt like armor, all zipped up in the front and tight. I wear a 36B bra and am on the slim side, but let's face it, your body changes when you are over 50 and post menopausal! Any recommendations?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sports Bras for over 50 and Post Menopausal

It's hard to recommend any brand because everyone has a different body, but have you tried Penneys? They have so many styles and brands, you might find something there.

o

Warner's makes a line called Friday's Bras with several styles. I think I got mine at Penney's. No underwires and comfortable for over-50 me.

o

I didn't even think to look at Penney's...thanks.

o

I never just use a sports bra for exercise. I use a regular underwire and a sports bra on top. I hate to bounce. I'm a 38C.

o

I am 53 and have not been able to find a sports bra in recent years that feels right to me. Even when I know I've got the right size, I feel more like a post-nursing mother who is binding her breasts. Gah! Gives me cleavage all the way to my neck and I feel like I'm going to choke on my breasts.

Now that I'm "old", I have decided to go for comfort. Hence, the "Comfort bra". I ordered several different styles from Dream Products and have been very happy with them. Yes, they offer less support than the underwire bras I wore so long ago, but you know what? They feel good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Comfort Bra

o

I bought the Danskin bra at Walmart (they're out of stock online, but they're sold at the store). I'm a 34D and it's good for any exercise, including running.

Here is a link that might be useful: Danskin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here