Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fine straight hair

Posted by arizonarose (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 12:21

Does anyone have a product they recommend for fine straight hair? I have been using Wella crystal styler and it was discontinued...i'm almost out.

Please.... folks here with my hair type...what do you use?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fine straight hair

I have the worst fine, straight hair ever. I use Aveda's Phomollient as a styling mousse, and sometimes I mix in a little Aveda brilliant gel along with it. I need all the help I can get.

o

I have fine straight hair. I use "big sexy hair root pump" -a little goes a long way.
Also, I like Alfaparf hair mask to deep condition.

Here is a link that might be useful: hair mask

o

Thank you both for the suggestions. I definately need something to give it some 'oomph' if u know what i mean.

I'll be checking into both of those! Also...do you have fly away hair sometimes? Do these products help with that?

Thanks again :-)

o

BUMP

still looking for more suggestions :-)

o

I think the cut can make more of a difference than products.

o

I most definitely agree about Aveda. I use the Volumizing Tonic daily and I will sometimes use the Phomollient for the back. I spray it on roots and then dry. I find it keeps my hair shiny. I'm not sure how old you might be, but what is really fun is as you age you loose some hair, and when you don't have much to begin with it can be quite a challange! Good luck!

o

I highly recommend using GHD MK4 Black Ceramic iron Hair straightener. All my customers are happy about it. If anyone interested, please let me know. I might have the last 2 with me. Next shipment is coming in a week. Retail at the store is $240. I get it wholesale for $160

What it is:
Endorsed by the world's top session stylists and hottest celebrities, the new, revolutionary professional ghd Styler maintains ghd's pioneering ceramic technology and unbeatable operating temperature while boasting new features such as an improved body shape and curved barrel for ultimate styling.

What it does:
The unique ceramic technology heats up to its maximum temperature in seconds and locks in moisture, natural oils, and hair color for total hair protection. The new ghd styler makes it even easier to create curls, twists, flicks, and waves, while retaining its unrivalled ability to achieve straight and sleek hair.

Here is a link that might be useful: GHD MK4 Black Ceramic iron Hair straightener

o

I think that's what ya'all call *spam*^^^

o

I worked at a salon for a while, and am cursed w/ baby fine straight hair. There's no magic cure for fine hair, but you can do a few things; here's what works (more or less) for me:

1) a good haircut that is razored through the crown. You don't see it, but cutting shorter pieces under the hair can lift up the outer pieces. If you really want your hair to look great and don't want to spend all day doing it, you're really best off getting a short, layered cut. By far the most important component IMO.

2) a "putty" type product: my favorite is Cocky by Bedhead. Use a small amount and distribute throughout your hair (i.e.., not at the roots only), or your hair will get totally greasy... Pureology has a blow dry serum (not in the yellow but in the pink bottle) that kicks ass too, but costs way too much--$20+ a bottle. I find either of these better than mousse or anything else.

3) round-brushing while drying. Take a round brush, pull your hair straight up from the scalp, dry roots completely, remove heat for a few secs, and then bring back down.

4) if you really want volume, nothing beats backcombing/teasing. Get one of those multi-layer toothed combs from Sally's, tease at the roots, (optionally, also spray a BIT of hairspray at the roots), and brush over lightly.

5) if you're super duper desperate, try extensions for volume or a fall.

good luck!

o

since I posted this I purchaced the Aveda volumizing tonic which I really like, and I got a really really good hair cut. I have been growing out a short spikey haircut for months and using alot of products to make it spike . Well, I got a wedge cut with the sides just mid ear...its pretty much all one lenght now and I think I like it this way for awhile. It works pretty good w/fine straight hair. Fly aways can be a problem when its dry and windy here,haven't figured out what to do about those yet. Any suggestions on that?

o

"1) a good haircut that is razored through the crown. You don't see it, but cutting shorter pieces under the hair can lift up the outer pieces. If you really want your hair to look great and don't want to spend all day doing it, you're really best off getting a short, layered cut. By far the most important component IMO."

I agree that cut is important but I firmly disagree with the razor cutting for volume unless you have an abundant amount of fine hair. If it's thin and fine it will just give you wispy thinner hair. My one-time hair stylist talked me into this disaster. It took 2 years to finally grow out. I cried.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here