Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Young Looking at 41!

Posted by nan03 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 8, 06 at 11:49

I know some people would not think of this as a problem in this youth-obsessed world. I am 41 yrs old and look extremely young for my age that it is almost embarassing when I tell people my age. In fact, I got proofed for a drink recently at a concert. I think I dress appropriate for my age but I am petite which just adds to the "youth" look!! Any tips would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Young Looking at 41!

I can't believe this is really a huge problem for you! But, if you are really concerned with looking more "serious" here goes. Don't shop in the Junior Department, head for the Petite Department. Buy more tailored, structured clothes as opposed to cotton jersey tops, etc. If you wear long hair, don't wear it in a ponytail or cut it to shoulder or just below shoulder length. I can't think of anything else right now.

o

Lucky Nan..age will grab you soon enough. I'm 46 and would die to be asked for my ID. Go with it and enjoy, it won't last forever. Signed GREEN WITH ENVY!!!

o

You are joking ,right? Girl, enjoy your luck and don't complain about looking young - or before you know it the "Wrinkle Goddess" will say - "hey, we forget her!" LOL

I don't look 51 and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

I don't look my age either and I love looking young for my age...no complaints here! Enjoy it whilst you can! :)

SmileyRose

o

I like to tell people that I'm 10 yrs OLDER than I am, that way they think I look so good for my age! So far, this works for me. hahaha!

o

Shaun, you and my mother! ROFL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here