Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a professional makeup artist to teach me

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 8:45

I went to MAC before my sister's wedding and we got our makeup done there for about $50 each. I was so nervous and excited that I didn't pay any attention to what the artist was doing, and they did an amazing job. I also went on a Court TV show last summer and they did my makeup but she didn't have the time to work with me showing me techniques.

I don't have a lot of money but I know for a fact that I do have enough cosmetics in my bathroom to make it work, but I am afraid that the girls at Clinique and Estee Lauder types of counters expect you to buy all the products that they use on you, I would guess they are paid commission and I want instructions for free or a nominal price.

Please tell me the name of a store that will help me. I went into Sephora a couple of times but I was actually there to buy concealer and a spray foundation, but normally I wear what I can buy at Target or Walgreens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a professional makeup artist to teach me

What about youtube, they have videos about just about anything. There may be something there that would help? I have gotten some good info on the mineral makeup I like to use from youtube. Good luck.

o

Brilliant, I found lots of tips there. Thanks!

o

no problem, now get back to work on ridding ths/gw of spammers girl!

o

LOL!! Thanks, Jomuir!

o

Find a Merle Norman near you...The company is 80 years old....they keeo up with the times. I can never find make up that stays on my face....theirs is truly beautiful AND the best part is it is try before you buy! They also have some great resources on their website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here