Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
micro dermabrasion

Posted by mitchdesj (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 6, 09 at 6:41

I just had a micro dermabrasion session followed by a collagen treatment;
first time for me, I really enjoyed it as far as how clear my skin appears.
I'll be doing it again on the 18th, I think I'm hooked.

The technician told me she used 30% strength, so I would not be too red.
I can see that I'm a little pinker than usual but I reacted well, it seems.

anyone else had this done ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: micro dermabrasion

I had the lazer facial and it was wonderful! Also had some lazer hair removal..where has it been all my life?

o

Don't you just love how smooth your face feels! I love how smooth my skin feels after I've had microdermabrasion. I also found that some of my pores were actually smaller. About 8 months ago I started a new skin regimen and along with that came dry flakey skin for the first 4 months of treatment. YUK! I had 3 microdermabrasion treatments, 4 weeks apart, and it took care of the peeling flakey problem. I did turn a little pink for a few days but no more so than the skin regimen I'm on. I'll probably set up another 3 sessions at the beginning of the year and continue to do so until it doesn't matter to me anymore ;-)

o

This face can't handle any of it. If you decide that you are getting too "pink" or want another professional opinion I can tell you where to go in Toronto to see a nurse trained by a top plastic surgeon (and working with one) who does this. I met her when the doctor removed some moles for me. She was President of the North American Association of Plastic Surgical Nurses. Actually, she wrote a paper about me - and how weird my reactions are. You are going again so soon??!

o

Yes; I went yesterday , it was 2 weeks since the initial session. She controls the machine to a milder abrasion level on my cheeks and sensitive areas.
I am doing it again next week, then will skip a month before the next one.

I am just a little pink right now, and don't feel any tingling. She does intense hydrating with cremes right after the dermabrasion.

I can't believe how clear my complexion is right now.

o

I had 12 sessions done and at the end my skin looked no better. I saw no difference at all.

o

I noticed over the course of a few sessions that the flow of granules is important. When it worked well for me I had granules in my hairline afterwards. When the tech skimped on the granules (none in my hairline afterwards) the result was not as evident.

I tend toward enlarged pores and sallowness. The treatments refined and cleansed my skin a lot.

I had this done in my mid-late 40's. I was thinking that it would be too much for older skin -- I'm 56 now. Do you agree?

o

jamies, I don't see why it couldn't be done more mildly, if your skin is a little thinner now.

happiladi, I see the benefit of the microdermabrasion as being a better exfoliation tool, which then allows your products to be better absorbed .
I follow my session with a facial that includes extra hydrating and once I'm home, I really feel that my skin is clear and clean and a little plumped up.
I've had to use loose powder over my foundation because I'm too shiny without it. Before the mdermabrasion, my skin was matte and dull.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here