Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daughter battling acne!

Posted by julie_m (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 6, 06 at 1:58

Hi everyone, I have an age old question that has had most of us puzzled. Has anyone found a product that WILL clear up acne. There are promises on all these products that we think will make a difference but never seems to work. Now I see my daughter battling the same thing I did and now 30 years later, there still seems to be no real breakthrough in treatment. Has anyone found a product that does work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daughter battling acne!

My son uses Oxy pads twice a day. They have salicylic acid in them. We really liked Neutrogena Acne Patches but they seem to have been discontinued. If he is good about using the pads and cleaning his skin, he stays pretty clear.

I had acne and blackheads all my teen and adult years. Retin-A is the only thing that worked for me. If your daughter has recurring cystic acne, she may need antibiotic treatment. I'd take her to a dermatologist if over the counter products have no effect. My daughter has a friend who uses Proactive with good results.

o

The link below has some ideas that help some people. I don't know how old your DD is, but birth control pills sometimes help too. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Acne Help

o

Thanks for your input Barnmom & Lydia, sorry I posted another pimple question, I read down further later and realised that it had already been done. In my search I've found Benzac AC in wash & gel. It is supposed to be the same as Proactiv but 1/3 the price, also taking zinc tablets is supposed to help with pimples and scaring, which has come just in time, I've had a spot burnt off my face and don't like the "volcano look" at all so taking them has become a ritual for us both. As far as the pill goes...I took the pill for many years and it caused terrible headaches for another 10 after I went off it, so its not an option - what cures one thing quite often start another, that's something I don't want my DD to face. I'll give an up date to these products to let anyone that's interested know how they went. Thanks heaps!

o

The only thing that even begins to help my face is drinking lots of water. I drink a bottle an hour. Not really easy to get a teenager to do but it really does help.

o

A lot of treatments came out of the market. Problem is that we don't know what will work for us. Cause not all treatments can work for all people. Natural treatments can work for you. Avoid stress, caffeine, and meaty foods and add up fruits and vegetables and exercise into your life.

Here is a link that might be useful: Acne Treatments

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here