Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there any silicone free foundations anymore?

Posted by girlgroupgirl (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 0:16

I need to wear foundation occassionally (I have blotchy skin), and lately I have tried a host of different types...they ALL contain some sort of silicone.
Silicone makes my face look like an oil slick in no-time, and I don't really have oil or greasy skin anymore. The foundations break down quickly and look terrible in a matter of hours.
Is there anything (besides Bare Minerals) that you know of which doesn't contain silicones?
Bare Minerals just doesn't work well for me (emphasises imperfections and unfortunately gave me this really eerie glow) - I'm hoping to find something else. The search is getting costly.

THANK YOU,
girlgroupgirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there any silicone free foundations anymore?

girlgroupgirl, sorry, I don't have an answer for the silicone, question. However, I do want to encourage you to give BM another try.

When I first tried it, I thought the same thing as you and decided I wasn't going to like it. But, I discovered a couple of things....while, I was experimenting.

When I got my kit it had two colors, Fair and Fairly Light. Color-wise, I could use either color, however, Fair is yellow base and Fairly Light is a neutral...the neutral works really well, much less "glow."

This is how I solved the shininess (glow)), problem....

I put a very, very light film of Mineral Veil of my face, before, I start with the base. I had a few pores that were showing until I did that, now, they don't show any more. Next, I apply the base then finish with the Mineral Veil. This is working very well for me. I have even used a little bit of regular translucent powder as a finish...that works, too.

I'm really happy with it now, I would encourage you to experiment.

Joy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here