Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My bathing suit solution

Posted by tripletmom83 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 23:51

I hadn't purchased a bathing suit in probably 20 years, and haven't worn one in close to that many years. But I have decided that if I want to be a fun grandmother I just might need one, so...I went shopping.
I like the idea of those two piece suits where you buy the top and bottom separately. And I definitely wanted the "boy shorts" style, but everything I tried on was not quite right. The best of the bottoms was fine in the front but too short in back. Another pair had a bit longer leg, which I liked, but was too low on the hips giving me the dreaded "muffin top". Then I had the idea to check out the exercise wear department. I found a pair of black running shorts that were perfect. They sat higher near the waist (the tops are long so you can't see the top of the shorts anyway), but it creates a smoother line and feels more comfortable to me. And although they are very short like a bathing suit, the leg is just a little longer. They also seemed to be made better.
There is a large selection of bathing suit tops sold separately and nearly all of the prints went with black shorts. It took awhile to find one that was actually comfortable. For one terrifying moment I thought I was going to have to call a salesperson to help me get out of one. Imagine how hard it would be if it was wet. Decided to go for comfort over style, and finally ended up with a pretty cute suit that I will feel comfortable, both physically and mentally, wearing in public. It only took about three hours and at least twenty suits to find the right one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bathing suit solution

Great solution, you certainly were persistent and it paid off: 3 hours, wow !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here