Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long arm hair

Posted by laurabeth01 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 22:10

My arm hair is very blonde, and stands out as very white against my skin when i'm tan. It is long, and there is a LOT of it. I've put off shaving, nair-ing, or waxing until this point, because I dont want to deal with stubble, or having to constantly maintain it. But now I'm fed up. Is there any product that would just THIN my arm hair out, or make it finer and less noticable, without actually getting rid of it altogether?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long arm hair

Jergens used to put out a lotion that was supposed to 'lessen' or thin the hair if used regularly.

I have some but honestly have not used it regularly enough to tell if it does any good - it has a wierd smell.

o

For what it's worth, I have been using a shaving cream that contains soy, which is the same stuff in many lotions purporting to promote a decline in hair growth... and the sad thing is that I have seen no change whatsoever. None! And I have been using this shaving cream for months. So I have to say that now I wonder if those lotions work. Grrrrr. Is there any hope?

o

I used to wax my arms because of a similar issue. When the hair did grow back (2 months later) it was soft and not at al stubbly. Once every 2 months is not bad.

o

I just naired my arms for the first time, and I have two questions about it. Will my hair grow back stiff & stubbly if I keep using it? If so, I'm not going to use it again. But that brings me to my next question. Do you know of anything that will simpley lessen or thin the hair on my arms? I'd love some help with this. Thanks.

o

Here's a word from experience. I grew up with very long dense hair on my arms. As a young adult I naired them and my legs. Hair grew back very slowly and thin, no stubble. I only did my arms a couple of times but today I hardly have any hair on one arm and the other slightly hairy but so thin it's almost invisible. My legs are almost hairless also. I nair them once in a while but haven't done my arms again as I felt weird and abnormal with NO hair on my arms. Of course, no one noticed except me. I've heard that even pluckying hair it often doesn't grow back. My daughter used to severely pluck her eyebrows and today, she hardly has any left. Who needs electrolysis?

o

well im a girl that has an awful lot of hair on my arms. I'm scared that if i do something to them i will end up with more, so for now i have 2 options. 1) bleaching and 2) burning/melting them. yeah it sounds weird but i got the idea from my dads accident. My dad accidentaly burnt his eyelashes and they haven't grown back.It's been almost four years and his skin isn't burnt either. Sooo.... i was thinking a quick pass of fire in my arms should do the work and not burn my skin. I'm guessing it'll work since it worked on my dad'd eyelashes.
p.s. this isn't my real email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here