SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Juverm, Restylane

Jamie
15 years ago

I never thought about these things before. But an "ordinary" woman I know told me she gets her 11's botoxed and nasolabial folds filled with Restylane once a year. These things would make a HUGE difference in my appearance. I'd look less tired, less gravitationally challenged, and just plain old better. I never thought I'd be into this. Frankly, I didn't even realize that it was widely available on every corner. (I did know about lasers - -they seem to be on every corner - but the outcomes seem so unpredictable.)

What's bad about the injectable fillers besides the cost? Are there other ill effects, expecially if you only do it once? Do you end up with a far worse looking face next year?

I used to have very, very full cheeks, and they have fallen a lot. Do the injections work best on less fleshy faces?

Comments (3)

• Jamie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

moving down

• krisz
    15 years ago

Jamies, I don't know if you are still checking this. If so, you might want to go to www.realself.com. People tell about their own experiences. I have had botox several times and love it. When I don't have it, I find myself going around holding my eyebrows up. I had good results with Restylane. About a year ago, my doctor wanted to use Radiesse to plump up my cheeks. I said no, but had Perlane injected in my cheeks. The only results I got was the bill and bruises that lasted a few weeks. It's all hard to predict. Personally, if you can resist doing this, I would. This stuff just has to be repeated.

• Terrapots
    15 years ago

Jamies, everyone is different so it's hard to determine what will work for you from someone elses experience. I've tried lots of things except injections and surgery, there are some scary stories out there and I worked in the medical field all my life, maybe that's why I've heard so much. Anyway, facial exercises really help a lot, don't cost anything and are painless. Ugly while doing them but do them in private. There are some books but you can find some sites with simple instructions, just google. Wrinkles are inevitable but better than early death, if you know what I mean, but moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I just had to change doctors and he couldn't believe my age, he guessed 25 years younger. Wonder if that's what he tells all his new patients. I told him there was nothing wrong with my eyes but maybe he should check his but thank you anyway, LOL.

Sponsored