Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alpha hydroxy acids - what happened?

Posted by Gina_w (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 03 at 21:04

They were everywhere at one point but looks like all the makers have moved on to other ingredients to market.

Problem is, I liked AHA. It kept my skin smooth. Now everything has the highly comedogenic oxy-cinnamate type ingredient. They create the little hard white comedones on my skin. Anyone know of a good, light AHA cream still available besides the $70 Estee Lauder Fruition?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alpha hydroxy acids - what happened?

Walgreen drug stores still have AH creams.

o

I haven't looked lately but CVS Drug (used to be Rexall) had it 6 months ago. I like their brand because it's 8% AH.

Teri

o

Well, I bought Neutrogena Healthy Skin with sunscreen and AHAs. It explicitly says non-comedogenic, so keeping my fingers crossed.

o

Kiss My Face makes two AHA products that I know of: Peaches & Creme Moisturizer in the 16 oz. pump, and an 8% version in a 4 oz. pump. I use the latter about once a week, and the bottle lasts a long time.

Susan

o

Eucerin has an AH lotion...and it also has some sun screen too......and it's cheap!
Linda C

o

Just curious----is 8% the highest amount you can get without a prescription? Thanks.
BarbB

o

I just did a "Google" search for "Alpha Hydroxy Acid Treatment Opinions" and came up with a site whose address is http://www.scar-wrinkle.com/overallscore_wrinkle_scar.htm
(sorry I don't know how to do a link). Anyway that particular site lists quite a few products and where to get them along with a scoring system as which are the top rated. Seems like a product called Complex-C by DAK comes out the winner.

BarbB

o

Big Lots usually has it, too.

o

A report on Neutrogena Healthy Skin with sunscreen and AHA: it's done absolutely nothing for my skin. I'll look for something else this weekend and report back.

o

I bought Kiss My Face peaches-and-cream lotion with AHA and have used it for 2 weeks now. I like it so far. First of all it smells heavenly - they capture the smell of a fresh peach amazingly well - it almost makes you drool! My skin feels smoother, no more new comedones and the older ones are coming up by themselves. And the lotion is so cheap and the bottle so big I've been using it on my legs, elbows and feet too. I think I'll get a couple more bottles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here