Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want Flip Flops?

Posted by rosewest (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 17:04

A friend of mine sent me a letter that will help you collect up to 36 free pair of flip flops. Here's how it works: You send a pair to the first name on the top of the list, move the second name to the top position and then put your name in the second position and send the letter to 6 friends who each send it to 6 of their friends, who all send you flip flops. Everyone needs to follow through in order for it to work well, but one of my friends has received 10 pair so far. She said it's been really fun for her to see where they all come from (all over the US). If you are interested in participating, let me know and I'll pass the letter on to you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want Flip Flops?

This is called a chain letter. They are illegal. To understand just Google it. Pyramid schemes don't work and end up taking advantage of people at worst and fizzle out early at best. The flip-flop scheme has been around for some time.

o

WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea this was a chain letter or that it was an illegal activity. When I Googled, there were multiple news articles about the Great Flip-FLop Scam. I was not aware that this scheme had been around for such a LONG time! "Unsuspecting citizens bilked out of millions of pairs of flip-flops over the years by a hardened crime ring now doing time in Alcatraz for their heinous crimes." Who would have ever thought? I was invited to participate by my best friend from high school---whose 9 year old daughter was invited by one of her 9 year old friends. You know---I've always suspected that they were a crime family and now this confirms it. I wonder if the FBI is looking for them??? Gotta go...I'm going to do my good deed for the day and turn them in...

o

The problem is also size. People's feet vary quite a lot. A nine year old's feet won't fit the same size I do or hardly anyone elses either. If you end up with 36 pairs of flip flops proabably only a few would actually fit.

o

When you add your name to the list, you include your shoe size...But remember, it's against the law...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here