Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
footless panty hose

Posted by MonaBlair (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 03 at 16:54

I'm looking for panty hose that end at mid calf length. Is there such an item on the market and who makes it? Or do I just have to cut a regular pair?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: footless panty hose

Mona, if you cut them, won't they ride up your leg ?

Have you tried the undies that go to mid calf; they look like bicycle shorts. They are lightweight spandex, tummy tamers and all around figure smoothers.....

o

Mitch, they probably would ride up. The reason I was looking for the stockings rather than the long undies is I wanted just a little control but not as much as the capri length girdles. I found out Spanx makes them. Now I just have to see if they're carried locally.

o

mona, you are right, I bought 2 pairs of these thin girdles and honestly they are too warm. They do give a slim look but I feel so "sausage casing" stuffed in them.

o

I have tried the L'eggs brand shapers. They come in a mid-thigh and a mid-calf length. They are merchandised and sold with pantyhose at department and drug stores. I also tried No-nonsense brand. No Nonsense were hot and scratchy.... yuck!
The L'eggs were microfiber and surprisingly cool and comfortable. I wore them under a silky bias-cut skirt and was very happy with their tummy-flattening ability. If you want to look smooth and 10 lbs. lighter they are great! I find them perfectly comfortable for office wear, but in the heat of summer they would probably get too warm, say at an outdoor function or where you were doing a lot of walking/dancing.

Karen

o

you want spanx, expensive but so comfortable you will wear them all the time. They have a web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: spanx

o

Wow - these look great! Thanks for the link!!

o

hehe - just bought me a pair on eBay - a pair of "Power Panties" for $13.00

Love that name - "Power Panties" -

I will now be known as: weed30 ~ Princess of Power ;)

o

I'm in New York city this week and have tried on the Spanx pantyhose, love them; I also bought their knee highs which are supposed to not bind the calf..... I have skinny legs yet knee highs bother me...

I have a few formal affairs coming up and needed some kind of support so the Spanx pantyhose seem to fit the bill; I am bringing home a few pairs since we don't have them in Montreal....

Their original claim to fame are the footless pantyhose; did anyone ever try them ?

o

I will buy these only if they help me look like the body topless girl on the opening page of the spanx website, high heels and all. No seriously, I will be trying the footless pantyhose.
Great buy on e-bay weed! Will try and let you all know.

o

My spanx pantyhose are not footless, they are like regular ones.

o

A lot of those available now, with the now popular look of wearing those under a skirt; I like the look and it suits me; it solves the problem of white ghostly legs in the summer.

o

there are still all kinds of capris and footless tights available, and I'm still wearing them, I guess I don't change my style too often.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here