Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the latest on handbags-- big, small, color,style, etc.

Posted by dragonfly2 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 23, 06 at 15:20

I see some huge handbags out there, is this the latest now? I don't like the handbags with all the heavy hardware on them,,makes them heavy even before you put anything in them. I know the color for Fall is brown again this year,
but what about size and style?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the latest on handbags-- big, small, color,style, etc

I think the ones with the hardware are real popular but I don't like one with too much. I prefer a large, not huge, bag. It seems about anything is in style.

o

I know what you mean, some of them are downright clunky and heavy; I always do a dry run when buying a handbag; I'll take the contents of the one I'm wearing and fill the new one to get a feel of it. I like a few outside pockets for cell phone and sunglasses or else I check out the width of the top acess.
The size of the wallet you carry makes a difference, it has to be easy to take it in or out.
There's a wide variety out there; I love bags........

o

I buy a bag and use it to Death. I find all my purses are the same-must be leather (wears like iron), must have a shoulder strap, must close by zipper or other secure flap, and (hopefully) has at least two sections-one for frequently used items like keys and cash, another for storage (memo pad, checkbook,etc). My pet peeve is women who go grocery shopping and leave their purse in the cart. Mine never leaves my shoulder. I've never been robbed or lost a purse.

o

yes I too have to have outside pockets now, one a zip around 3 sided organizer for credit cards, change purse etc. on other side My current purse has cell phone pocket with magnetic snap and another larger pocket I use for my work id badge - goes in there soon as I am outa work. Also has a zippered outside pocket I use for reading glasses and medicines, and zippered pocket inside. Wish there were more pockets LOL

o

Thanks for the input,,, I think I found what I am looking for, after many take homes and returns.
The latest addition to my handbag collection is leather, med-large but not bulky,classic but not old fashioned. A large pocket on either side of the main bag,, and one smaller one along the outside. zippered top, inside big center zippered compartment divides the main section into two parts., plus the usual pocket for cell phone and zip pocket for pens--
it's an Aigner-- and it may just work. Just came in and the only one in the store, so I grabbed it. Seems well made, the only thing I don't like is the lining is brown,, I like the lighter shade linings,,easier to find stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here