Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does anyone use Bare Essentials makeup?

Posted by mommabird (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 26, 09 at 12:25

I saw the infomercial yesterday and was tempted. The problem is you have to join a "club" for $30 a month with automatic shipments. I want to just try it, not get automatic shipments. I looked on Ebay and the kit is $60 with no "club" there.

Has anyone used this brand? Is it as good as it looked on TV?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does anyone use Bare Essentials makeup?

Hi Momma!

There have been a number of threads about this line. You can search below for Bare Minerals or Bare Escentuals and find the threads. One is linked below for you.

Since this line was introduced, other companies have come out with their own versions. I think I've seen one or two at the major drugstores. Of course, who knows if they are the same, better, or what.

I wouldn't think of joining a "club" without sampling the product. You could pick up a couple items at Ulta if you have one near you. (Maybe Sephora has it too.)

For me, I didn't like the feel of it on my face. But many people love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bare

o

Wow - thanks for the link! LOTS of great information.

o

I have been using Bare Minerals for years and love it - never joined any auto-ship plan. You can buy on QVC.com too.

o

Do a search on here and you will see many, many posts about Bare Essentials/ Bare Minerals. I love it because:
It feels like no makeup at all
It really covers
It's actually good for your skin
A little bit goes a long,long way
It stays on until you take it off.
It's sun-protective.
and most of all, you don't look or feel "made up"!

I would start with "warmth" -it makes your skin look radiant.

Most of the commercial make up companies are now imitating BE and Bare Minerals. You do NOT have to join a club. You can buy it on line, at some beauty supply stores and at Target.
(Sorry to sound like a commercial.)

o

I bought my first kit at Sephora. I was not convinced about BE, but succumbed to trying it because of all the buzz. I'm a total convert now, but not 'overboard'. I wear makeup daily, but I'm pretty minimalist. Foundation, mascara & blush. I only use the BE foundation, which I really like a lot. It evens out my skin tone, but doesn't look obvious. I use the mineral veil occasionally, but considering I still have the original container from several years ago, I don't find it necessary :) I do want to go back and try some blush. I feel like the blush I use now is nice, but since I was pleasantly surprised by the BE foundation, I think I should give it a shot. BTW, I buy my refills on eBay. I can usually find a seller that has a slightly lower price and free shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here