o
Hair wrap

Posted by Goldy (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 03 at 12:00

what is a hair wrap? And why get one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hair wrap

I have one made out of microfiber for after I wash my hair. Sucks a lot more water out than a regular towel, which makes blowdrying much quicker. Picked it up at WalMart for 8 bucks.

o

well- it's either a decorative pattern of string wrapped around a small braid, or it's a new-fangled update on the turban, they make them out of a 'thirsty' fast-drying fiber now, and they're less bulky than that big heavy towel on your head...

I bought one, but it's too small for my mass of hair, so I gave it to a friend whose hair is shoulder-length, and she 'likes it' but doesn't use it with any consistency.

o

I was looking for instructions on making a hair wrap.After doing a search I came up with your post.
I did find the instructions,and in case anyone is interested here they are.
I did read somewhere it would be much easier to braid the hair first then do the wrapping.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a hair wrap

o

chinacat, which one did you buy? There's one on the market that says it's the "Miracle Cloth" (with the trademark symbol added) turban but I'm wondering if it really is the same Miracle Cloth that is sold in the Solutions Catalog for cleaning. The Solutions catalog doesn't offer a hair turban/wrap.

My hair is usually just below shoulder length, absorbs a lot of water and usually takes a lot longer than I like, to dry. I usually start with a towel, switch to a couple of 3-sheet sections of paper towels to help it dry faster, and then spend 15 minutes with the hair dryer. Either that or walk around with a damp head for an hour or two. So I'm wondering if one of these wraps would help....

o

lainy- I don't remember, but mine was $5 at Ross or TJ Maxx, and it does absorb a lot of water for the amount of fabric involved... mine actually dries faster than yours, from the sound of it- but the hair dryer is in the crafts room, not the dressing room : ) haven't used one on my poor hair in a decade (long hair is always properly groomed just like it is)

but when I need to- I wrap my hair in the towel, dry off, and then flip the towel over, and wrap my hair up in it again- it lets me hair get up next to drier terrycloth, and soaks up some extra water.

most of the time, I just braid it loosely, and let it dry in waves like that- keeps me looking good for 3-4 days (I shampoo once a week, wet it every other day)

you should at least give it a try, eh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here