Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AVON Foot Works Intensive Callus Cream questions

Posted by libbyliz (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 11:01

Does anyone have a tube of the Intensive Callus Cream item that you can "read" off the back label to me?

I need to know:

1 - Is it medicated; meaning, are the ingredients different than what's on the website:
WATER/EAU
GLYCERIN
AMMONIUM GLYCOLATE
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
GLYCOLIC ACID
BEHENYL ALCOHOL
STEARETH-21
ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE
ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN OIL
ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
BENZYL ALCOHOL
STEARETH-2
SQUALENE
MENTHOL
METHYLPARABEN
MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) OIL
LECITHIN
GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL?

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?from=product.aspx&pf_id=10046&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200915&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

They are for the Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream. The website doesn't list the medicated ingredients.

That leads me to the next question:

2 - Do I have to stop use of this cream after a certain amount of time unless directed by a doctor?

With the Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief Cream I was expecting to use it continuously, but I can only use it for a week, according to the back label's warnings, which also aren't listed on the website.

Thanks in advance for replies!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AVON Foot Works Intensive Callus Cream questions

I have used both products. The Intensive Callus Cream is very good and no, it isn't medicated. You can use it as often as you like I believe. I love the stuff. Used 2 times a day for two weeks, my feet looked great. That reminds me, I need some.

The Therapeutic Cracked Heel Relief cream is medicated in that it has a numbing substance for the pain from cracked skin. I think this might be a problem for people with impaired circulation as with diabetes.

o

If thats the list of ingred, I wouldnt use it.Its all chemicals!!!! Go natural.....try haileys dragonfly garden (just google) they have better foot care products.

Here is a link that might be useful: foot spa

o

Go for a professional pedicure. They don't cost that much and are wonderful if you have feet that callus easily like I do. I sleep so much better at night with soft heels...no catching the sheets with scratchy uncomfortable spots on my feet. You can then maintain your feet yourself using the right products religiously if you want to. But beware; once you have a good pedicure with massage you will want to keep going back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here