Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help on skin

Posted by tahoe (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 10:22

I have large pores on my nose - what do you use, if you have this problem? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help on skin

I was going to ask the same thing, only my facial pores are large all over. I was of the mind that once the pores were large, there wasn't much, short of micro brasion, that would restore the skin and close up the pores. I hope someone has a good answer for us.
I very seldom use any foundation.

o

Wow! Am I glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem! Now, hopefully someone out there will have an idea for us.

o

what is microbrasion, and how does that help? count me in the big pore club. :(

o

Come on girls, surely someone has some suggestions on this.

o

I will ask the woman at the cosmetics counter at our department store, next time I go there. I would expect her to try to sell me a product of theirs, but I'll just try to get information too.

o

what is microbrasion, and how does that help? count me in the big pore club. :(

o

I'm sorry.... I meant dermabrasion! I guess no one has an answer yet. Whatever is causing the pores to remain large,needs to be removed wouldn't it?

o

I went to the library and got Paula Begoun's book -The Beauty Bible. There is very good information about caring for the face. I'm going to try the cleaning process she describes. I've been using bar soap, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the results.
If you can, take a look at this particular book. Too much to explain here.

o

As far as I've seen, from my "research" at Sephora and other places like that, there are only products that make your pores "appear" smaller (whatever that means), not that actually make them smaller.

o

The book says to use a gentle liquid or gel cleanser and exfoliate, also with non-abrasive gel or liquid.

I really think I am probably going to have this condition for a lifetime. It's only pretty noticeable outside in bright light. I think I have done all the wring things in regard to taking care of my face. Due to lack of knowledge and little interest when I was younger.

o

I was told by my doctor that you really can't do much to minimize them permanately.
Perscriptives sells a good daily fix to wear under foundation. It is called
Super Line Preventor. I feel like it works and makes my pores look better. However when it washes off I have large pores again. There is also something called Dr Feelgood that you alse wear under your foundation. It is made by Benefit. I liked it better but I had an allergic reaction to it.

o

Large pores are something you have forever. What you need to focus on is making sure you keep your skin clean, using a good pore minimizer (makes them appear smaller: Clinique Pore Minimizer, DermaDoctor Porefect are two I've used that are pretty decent), use a foundation that doesn't settle into pores (Avon Matte Foundation is wonderful), and a loose powder. Some people have found that rubbing an ice cube over their face also helps. I always use an astringent after cleaning and like good old cheap Clean and Clear. I don't know about you but I also have oil gusher skin (oily within 1/2 of cleaning) and blackheads, so my routine has been to use MaryKay Timewise Facial Soap, Clean and Clear Astringent, pore minimizer and a mattifier (can also make pores appear smaller - I like Smashbox Antishine or Face to Face Antishine), foundation, concealer, and loose powder. I also like a special washcloth that I've used for years called Old Vic - it has a nubby texture that exfoliates gently and is available online from both Amazon and The Vermont Country Store.

o

This won't be a popular answer, but here goes. ACCUTANE. I used to have big pores and acne. Not hideous acne, but a mild, yet persistent problem. I went to a dermatologist and he suggested accutane. I thought it was only for bad cystic acne, but he gave me a milder dosage for about six weeks. Yes, it's drastic, but what a difference! That was almost 20 years ago. Other than terribly dry skin during treatment, I had no side effects.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here