Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Nailpolish for natural nails?

Posted by puddlejumper (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 03 at 20:25

I've used OPI for years and OPI is what the nail salons in my area use. I love the colors but the wear time is very short - about 3 days before it rubs off my nail tips. I thought I was hard on nail polish but after I did a little research tonight I learned that lots of people feel that OPI does not last long on natural nails. Any polish will last and last on acrylic nails, but what can I apply to my natural nails that will last a week?

By the way, I always apply a base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Nailpolish for natural nails?

I actually have pretty good luck with OPI lasting a week (7 days or more) on my natural nails - do you have your hands in water or cleaners a lot? Just curious...

I also like Avon polishes - not the cheap stuff in the round plastic bottles (that doesn't last long), but the polish in the square glass bottles with blue caps. "Sinful" brand polishes are probably my favorites. Loreal polishes are pretty good too, but stay away from China Glaze...those barely last 5 days on my nails.

A good topcoat is probably the most important part of getting polish to last - I use Loreal 2 in 1 base/top coat or Avon's 2 in 1...both seem to work much better than OPI's top coat for me.

Hope this helps - good luck! :-)

My nails

o

I like Sally Hanson.....and if I re apply the top coat ( I like the visibly stronger) every couple of days...I can get a good 10 days out of a manicure.....and by then it's beginning to grow out...UGH!
Linda C

o

I recently bought "Nail Savvy" brand polish at Sally's Beauty Supply. I never had a polish last so long on my nails....8 days until I got my first chip (2 polish coats with no base or top coat). 3 weeks on my toenails! Usually I chip within a day of applying. There was no significant wear on the tips, either.
BTW, the color was a gorgeous vibrant hot pink frost....perfect for summer.

Karen

o

: ) gotta be Sally Hanson's Hard As Nails (and their Teflon tuff line)

I'm a crafter, a gardener, and am redoing the house we jsut bought...so the amount of abuse my nails take is unnatural...and they're razor-fine,the kind you can bend in half.

but the only reason I have any nails at all is the coat of clear sealer I put on ever other day. even when I was 'just' typing for a living, if I wanted nails, this was the way that worked for me.

o

Use a nail bonder available at Sally's under your polish. This will make almost any of your polishes last a lot longer without wearing off at the tips so fast. Then use a good sealer when done. It's the oil in your natural nails tht causes the quick wearing down.

o

I agree with the Sally Hansen it has to be my fave as well. If you follow up with the same line top coat, you'll find your nails will grow out faster than the polish will wear off.
Angel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here