Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedding at the Beach in July

Posted by craftylinda59 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 19:54

As you can see by the name I'm usually on the crafting forum. I have to go to my great-nieces wedding on July 27th. I am 59 and have always worn make-up everyday. Living in Georgia now between the humidity and hotflashes its hard to keep make-up on. I have always cared about my apperance when going out. Does anyone know of any make-up that would stand up in Florida or Georgia heat ? With age my eyebrows are quite thin mostly at the beginning. My husband thinks this is just foolish and go without make-up.
I don't know if anyone could help me with this. I feel stupid for asking this. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me.
Thank you,
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedding at the Beach in July

I would buy a pretty folding fan and have it in my purse ready for profuse use. We don't have a lot of humidity here, so I am not much help. However, I have recently converted to Bare Escentuals (powder form) base makeup, and I really like it. I wonder if people who live in the southeast have used Bare Escentuals and find it does stay put on a hot, humid day. Good luck.

o

This is in responce to "sheilajoyce" thank you for your help so quickly. That's a good idea about the fan and I will look into the "Bare Escentuals" make-up.

o

crafty, you can fill in those eyebrows with discreet dabs of a light colored pencil, I use a blonde color and make sure I don't press too hard on it, so you get a more natural look.......

o

You also may want to look at Pur Minerals, which is a pressed mineral makeup. It is less shiny than bare escentuals (which I used to use) so it is better for skin that gets shiny or has fine lines. I live in IL and just was vacationing in Ohio. It can get very humid in Chicago, and a couple of the days in Ohio were horribly hot and humid. We were touring colleges with our son, so staying inside was not an option. I just stuck a sponge that I had dabbed in the minerals makeup in my bag, and used it to touch up my nose occasionally. Worked great, and I only touched up occasionally (I have allergies so my nose needs help sometimes!).

For your eyebrows : I have a problem with sparse brows because of a thyroid problem. Mine are very sparse on the outside edges. I don't like the way pencils look, they look fake to me. The also don't stay well for me in hot weather. Powders were slightly better. I got an idea watching a beauty show where they used brow grooming gel, it was in a tube like mascara. I could not find this anywhere, so I bought some brown waterproof mascara (I have dark brown hair and brows) and cut the applicator tip in half for better control. Wipe the applicator on a tissue to remove most of the mascara (just like for your lashes) and then apply to your lashes in the direction they grow. Finish by using a brow comb/brush to shape them. You need to use a light hand, but it works great and looks very natural, just like you have thicker brows! If you have a favorite mascara that you can match to your brows, try that. If not, I use Covergirl Professional, it works well and offers a wide color range. I guess it sounds weird to use mascara on your eyebrows, but it looks great, and stays put.

o

Rather than wearing foundation, you could just use a tinted moisturizer or a subtle self-tanner on your face. Clarins makes a nice face tanner.

o

I have been busy making a wedding album & guest book for my
great-niece and just checked back in. All of you ladies have been so helpful with all your advise and tips. I now feel more comfortable in going and having a good time. Thank you so very much to all of you. The women on this board are all very special reaching out to help. God bless you all!
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here