Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Argan Oil?

Posted by Laura_Wolfhart42 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 19:07

I've been hearing wonders about the Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil for hair. It's supposed to nourish and replenish hair to leave it smooth, shiny and very healthy. It's apparently very light and not greasy like most oils.

Has anyone used it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Argan Oil?

it's a nut oil, similar in consistency to olive or almond oil, and it's used all over the Middle East in the same way that the Pacific Islanders use coconut oil on their hair and skin.

from what I can tell, the 'argan oil' that you see commercialy doesn't actually have much argan oil in it - maybe 20%? along with a laundry list of crap you really don't need.

I've been buying my carrier and essential oils from Camden Gray for years now, and have been impressed with their quality (their return policy is draconian, but warranted, but they also have a generous tester vial policy)

here is another resource - a friend just got back from Morocco, and met the women of this co-op, they're the real deal.

http://www.worldartisanguild.com/ucfa.html

o

Personally, I prefer coconut oil. I always have it on hand but caved and bought myself a small bottle of argan oil. The argan oil probably absorbs a bit better but the end result was the same for my skin and hair.

o

I can't put any oil on my fine hair because it will go flat and look greasy - even with just a touch. I would go with a keratin cream unless you have very thick and/or coarse hair.
Donnachloe

o

argon oil is a good source of vitamin E and fatty acids which are essential for the growth of hair. It is the one of the best solutions for all hair problems. I am also using argon oil because of dandruff and hair fall and its results are amazing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here