Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fashions for 'older' women

Posted by reader77 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 17:09

Recently I shopped at Belk (a Southern dept. store) for a dress to wear to church, weddings, etc.

I walked out with nothing. I wear a size 6, and all the styles in that size, and there were not many, were either sundresses in loud prints or else necklines cut down almost to the waist! And did I say SHORT?

Do the buyers and/or designers not realize older women still shop? I've asked several friends, and they all have the same problem. Even though we older ladies aren't the current demographic of choice, we would still like to look dressy now and then.

And I don't mean black or navy frumpy dresses!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fashions for 'older' women

My mother loves J Jill (she is 66) and I do too, their clothes are elegant and classic but comfortable. Many pieces go together with many other pieces, and they even have a free personal shopper to help you in the store or online. And best of all, if you call or place an order in a shop in your mall you get free shipping!

I agree with you, many department stores leave the over 50 set without a lot of choices.

Here is a link that might be useful: J Jill

o
RE: Fashions for 'older' women

Thanks, Michelle, for the link.

I have checked out the petite dresses and skirts - most are styled too short for me! I saw some shirts which would be nice for fall.

Will go back and check rest of site later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here