Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hair & Nails help that works

Posted by hilltop (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 15:12

Thought I'd share two things that really helped with my chronically poor nails and dry hair (age 50 & post-menopausal). I thought I'd tried every nail polish, hair creme, shampoo or cure-all, but these have actually worked.

For my hair - I started taking 1000 mg flax oil soft gels. Hair finally feels softer & silky & I can grow it a little longer.

For my nails I found a capsule called Appearex. Check out their web-site & get a coupon here: http://www.appearex.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hair & Nails help that works

Sounds like spam.

o

Sorry bud_wi, should have made myself more clear. I am a farmwife from Nebraska who spends a lot of time in the sun, wind & dirt. I happened to find two solutions to problems that I had and got up the courage to post and share. I could care less if you buy either product. I just got tired of spending $$$ driving an hour to get my nails done & thought someone else might appreciate a suggestion. I sincerely didn't realize I need to wait until someone asks a specific question before offering an opinion. Note I didn't give a "brand" for the flax oil--probably any Omega 3 oil might work. I did mention the other product because it's the only one of many that I've tried that worked. I seldom post on this site--I don't have much to offer in the way of decorating or landscaping advice. Sorry if I didn't approach this correctly.

o

Hi, I read this post. It didn't sound like spam to me. I appreciate the flax oil info. I take it for my skin, nice to know it helps hair as well. My nails are a tragedy. I'll check out the site. I take a hair/nail supplement but haven't seen much if any improvement.

o

hilltop, don't worry about it, this forum is inundated with spam so people might be too hasty to spot it.
ah, nails; one thing that gets moisture in is taking the buffing side of a nail file and buffing the oil in on the nail, it seems to make it penetrate better.
I also try to remember to wear rubber gloves as much as I can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here