SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarzy_gw

Shoes for Vacation? (Walking/Beach)

tarzy
16 years ago

I have such a hard time with shoes in general, and especially with casual summer shoes (not sandals.) I look best with some sort of heel. I'm short, with short fat leg, so a nice 2"-3" heel really helps, but there are times when I can't/don't want to wear a heel - like at the beach.

I am looking for a casual shoe that I can wear on the beach, and also doing some easy walking near the beach (dirt road and then in town.)

At first I thought I would just wear my sneakers (New Balance/Nikes), but I hate the way I look in running type sneakers and summer pants. My legs are short, and my feet are huge (for my height), and I feel dumpy if the sneakers are too bulky. I'll probably wear some khaki pants or cargo type pants with the leg rolled up just a little. I don't look good in capris - I'm short, plus I have very thick calves and capris make my legs look stunted and my calves look huge. If I add a bulky sneaker - ugh!

Should I be looking for something like a Puma kind of sneaker? You know - not bulky? {{gwi:1392114}}

I'm not sure how those would do on the beach.

Or something like Keds or Converse? {{gwi:1392115}}

I don't find these kind of sneakers very comfortable after a while - not a lot of support. But they are light and summer-ish, I guess.

I guess most people wear flip flops on the beach, but I don't think I would be comfortable walking too far in flip flops.

I would also like to look nice when we go into the small town near the beach. I know I don't have to be a fashion plate - it is the beach, very casual, but I still want to look pulled together.

Any suggestions? Short fat legs really complicate things in summer time, when capris rule the world!

Comments (8)

Sponsored