Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally found underwear that doesn't show!

Posted by weed30 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 03 at 13:30

I hate thongs, and could never find underwear that didn't show through some of my tighter pants. Now I've found them! They are Maidenform Tanga, style #40381. I was doubtful at first, since they cut across the middle of your rear, but they really are great. Unfortunately they only come in sizes 5,6 & 7, but if you fit those, try them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Maidenform Tanga

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally found underwear that doesn't show!

Weed, you're so lucky you can wear tight pants:)

o

woodie - well, my butt doesn't look quite like the one in the picture, but I do thank my dad for passing on his genes. Mom's side is definitely more zaftig.

o

If the people on the cooking forum only knew what goes on elsewhere !!! LOL, mitch.

Weed, is that 5 6 7 as in pant size.... odd sizing.....

I have Lejaby undies that are similar to that, I'll try to find them on a website to show...

o

Sizing for underwear is different here than in Canada I guess. Women's pants are sized 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc. Underwear is size 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...not sure how much higher they go or why the numbers don't match pant size.

o

It is funny to find regulars on the kitchen or appliance forum in a different forum. It's almost like running into a friend on the street!

o

Katalina - I agree! I've seen "cooking people" over on the Hosta forum and think the same thing :)

o

OMG Weed, is that YOU? I wonder if Roger sneaks over here too?

o

Hi Weed!

Tanga's hmmm. . . . I will have to check them out! Do they have bra's to match? I like my undies to match. . .

Doris

o

ROTFLMAO thinking of what Roger's contribution to this thread might be!

o

Oh LORD, please don't tell Roger about this! We would all need therapy ;)

Doris, not sure about matching bras - I am a *very* hard fit, so whenever I find a bra that works, I buy half a dozen and wear them 'til they jump into the trash by themselves.

If you have a Kohl's near you, they carry these undies. When they're having one of their sales you can get them for about $3 or so.

o

LOL. Mitch, I think that all of the cooking forum will know about this soon - including Roger.

Ann

o

Hey Weed,
So this is where you are in your "spare" time! LOL
Cindy

o

Yes, I spend all my "spare time" here, on the KB forum, the Cooking forum, the Hosta forum, and a few others. Oh...and eBay.

No wonder nothing gets done around here....

o

Weed - See what you've gone and done. The whole Cooking Forum is going to be checking this out!

BTW, sizes go to at least 13. Never made it quite that far but close enough to know they exist. LOL!

Teri

o

Not me! It was mitch who brought it up over there!

I'm going to go hide....I just know Roger is going to show up and he'll probably bring kframe! Aaaack!

o

Hiya girlfriends! (ahem... and Roger?)

BTW, what the dickens is the Hosta forum??

o

LOLOL. Slow day at the office, isn't it?

Weed, those resemble thongs too much for me, but I trust your judgement. I wear the Barely There undies for form-fitting clothes.

I am excited in that I recently found some new underwire, racerback bras by Vanity Fair. I bought five of them. At Kohl's!

Rider, hostas are a leafy perennial!

o

It's a perennial plant - generally easy to grow and if you're into them - very addicting. There are well over 1000 varieties! Linked below is a pic of my hosta garden from last year (new pics coming soon). You can also take a look at the Hosta Library at

http://www.hostalibrary.org/index.html

The hosta forum is at

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hosta/

You probably won't "get it" if you're not a hostaholic - but they really are fabulous and fascinating plants!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta garden is in the last gallery on this page.

o

OMG, I've only had time to check in here tonight, what have y'all been up to !! I guess there's nowhere to hide at thathomesite !!

OH well, it's summer, so I guess a little variety is fun.....

I also like Building a Home forum, and I sometimes check into the Menopause forum, just to check out things for a "friend".......
trust me, we don't talk about tangas there!!

There are certain subjects that can't be broached at the Cooking forum.... for fear of Roger......

o

I sometimes check into the Menopause forum, just to check out things for a "friend".......
trust me, we don't talk about tangas there!!

ROFL!!

o

MQ, I love Kohls! Oh the bargains.

Thanks for clueing me in on the plants... Hasta la vista baby!

o

This is SO funny! I just saw kframe on the kitchen forum. It won't be long now! LOL

o

Listen.........I hear footsteps!

o

QUICK! Hide your panties and turn out the lights!

o

Oh, I laughed out loud at that one Weed..too funny.

o

Lord, now I know I've been goofin instead of workin!

Weed do those panties have binding elastic around the leg openings? Or is that the secret to them - no elastic binding but just stretch material in the body? I was searching for "invisible" panties for a health forum on a different site where some of us find the regular elastic in panties uncomfortable.

o

They do have elastic, but it is narrow and thin, without much give, meaning the elastic part is practically the same measurement as the leg opening. (hope that made sense) The elastic doesn't cut in to your skin - there's just enough to hold them in place. I do buy mine 1 size larger than I'm supposed to wear to help the "cut in" issue too.

o

I just dropped back in here after a few days and I'm laughing, laughing, laughing! (Oh yes, and wishing I had a need for the undies to wear with tight pants:)

o

If Roger only knew what's going on!!

o

You guys are so funny!

Weed your hosta garden is beautiful! I like these plants too. I find it very hard to kill them, which makes them a nice choice for my yard. My DH is a "Roundup" fiend and no plant is safe!

Doris

o
One more comment

Weed - you know we can't let this thread die - it's too funny!

:-)

o

Funny yes, but sad too....seems I've spent my entire life searching for underwear that fits and "works"! The only way to see if they crawl up your butt, gouge into your skin, shrink or fall apart is to buy them. Then it's too late to return them because they're worn. So I buy just one pair and give them a test drive. If they seem good then it's another trip to the store to get more. Just when I find some that work, they discontinue the style and it's back to square one!

The "rejects" are a complete waste - I did try to use a pair for dusting once and DH just about fainted.

o

you are so right Weed, it's a ploy by the marketing department to discontinue the winning underwear and make us go thru the entire process all over again. Maybe, just maybe, a letter to the company would help, let them know we are on to their silly game.
And when I get a truly wonderful pair of comfortable "unmentionables"... I tend to save them for 'good' and wear the old ride up,dig in wedgies for everyday... because I don't want to wear out the good stuff. nuts huh?

o

Dragonfly, when you wear them for "good", who sees them anyway????? (Or is that too personal? LOL :)

o

These panties from lejaby are my favorites; they are like a wearing nothing, thin and silky. they last for years; yes they are pricey but worth investing....

Here is a link that might be useful: le Nuage undies

o

Twenty-one dollars for a pair of underpants??? Not in this lifetime!!! LOL

Good thing I'm content with my cotton jockeys.

o

ah yes, Weed, you are right, no fun when you can't even see them thru my tighter pants. What's a person to do??

o

$21.00!!! Pretty proud of their underwear aren't they? ;)

o

weed, I use to buy piles of 8$ underwear and replace them every 6 months; once I built up a supply of those nuage undies, over the course of a year I got a dozen, they last forever, even in washer and dryer, I know it's extravagant but not overly so.

Like they say in that blonde commercial, I'm worth it.......

o

I hesitated saying this, but whatever - mostly I don't wear any! I had a leg injury that made me very sensitive to the binding, so I have a drawer full of fancy and colorful unworn panties now. I was going to look in to the "invisible" ones out now for that reason. Mitch those look interesting.

o

mitch, I'm positive you're worth it!! I'm probably worth it too, but seems I'd rather spend it on imported condiments and eBay treasures ;)

Gina - oooh I could never not wear panties with jeans!
That big ole seam in the crotch gets just a little too friendly.

Oh Lord, we have all been good. Please Lord, do not lead Roger to this thread. Amen.

o

On the subject of going "commando" ( DD says that this is how they call it), a lot of young women don't wear any; Gina, I do this also on certain occasions and with certain clothes; there, I've admitted it. How else can a 51 year old woman feel devilish once in a while..... Weed, you are too much ! You DO know there is no "edit" button on this forum, no? LOL.....

We might be safe from Roger, he's busy with his baked beans in the "other" forum, but if Lars were around, we'd be in big trouble already !!!!!, he used to be in the fashion business so he'd pop in here from time to time...

The other forum is pretty tame these days, we've had crazier times, I just hope this thread is not used to "spice" things up....
and I'm not talking chili peppers here.....

ok, back to the menopause forum now...... I'm so versatile.....

o
evil twin sister.

omg, my evil twin sister (who uses my screen name also) just posted above, I hate it when she does that....

o

Got a couple pair in the car as we speak; waiting for me to return them to the store. Last week I bought a 3fer that didn't work out, as usual. Gotta keep the one I wore but the others are going back!

Funny that today's tight pants fashion seems to have popularized going au natural. Cuz, personally, I think nothing feels better than a soft, loose skirt against bare legs and bare, um, not legs.

Teri

o

LOL! I can't believe it took me so long to stumble in here and find you all!

I am definitely telling Roger to come check this thread out! LOLOLOL!

Alexa

o

alexa , don't you dare; this was all going on early July during the full moon so IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT. See, now we're tame, no more underwear postings, just discussing blueberries and starbucks coffee and local morsels....

o

AAACCCK!! Alexa! You don't know what a Pandora's Box you are opening!!!

mitch - mentioning 'Local Morsels' on the UNDERWEAR thread?? OY! Calling Dr. Freud!!!!

o

No comment..... LOL...

o

Alexa if you tell on us, you'll be punished!

Okay, let's mix it up a bit. What about comfortable bras that don't torture and yet are still attractive and sexy?

o

sorry Gina, but a comfortable bra is an oxymoron isn't it?

o
RE: bras

Oh, you're right Dragonfly. What was I THINKING?

o

Eeee-gads, w'at 'ave Oui been missing ?????????????

o

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHO let the cat out of the bag??

o

Git out of here Roger before you get in a mess of trouble!

o

What you talkin' 'bout? I ain't scared of no little old skinny girl. Besides, if I don't read this thread, how am I going to find out the size of all y'alls T and A.

Nah, I heard you guys were over here and that my name came up a lot so thought I'd check it out. No, I know Alexa said that she was going to tell me what was going on but actually I didn't find out from her. I have spys. Hehehe

Actually, I'm not interested in women's underwear -- I'm interested in what is in them. So y'all can go on with your girly talk without having to worry about me lurking or kibitzing. Have fun.

o

OMG!!! LOL Who squealed?

Actually, this is so much better than the crap that's going on at the Cooking forum right now. Can you imagine M & R discussing underwear? And please don't tell me it was one of them.

o

caliloo, was it you who tipped him?; maybe yes maybe no ??. I had not checked in here for a little while and there you are Roger; I'm sure you are bored with this talk for now, is the coast clear for us to resume our girltalk ??

Actually Weed started all this funny business.......

o

so do tell us Roger, have you found Underwear that'doesn't show?? LOL?

o

I haven't been here for a few weeks.....nice to see everybody still having fun with their underwear! And, don't believe for a minute that Roger is NOT lurking, he wants to find out everybody's T & A size, that's what he said. Mine are on the large size Roger, but I'm not disclosing cup size:)

o

Mine are smaller. The guys always told me more than a handful was a waste and I was happy to believe them. LOL

No disclosure on the cheeky side.

o
RE: underwear

Oh Cindy, so many guys, so many hands:)

o

Well! I have been very busy and just now checked back in. I think Roger showed amazing restraint. So amazing in fact, that I think he is just trying to lull us into complacency so he can find out what's inside our no-show undies!

I'LL NEVER TELL!!!!

o

AAHA!!!....Look what surfed up on the web!
I don't believe I have ever visited this forum......and here I find all the bad girls talking about VPL LOL!
Linda C
(You can run...but you can't hide....!)

o

Ooooh, Linda, we knew you'd find us eventually! A girl can only spend so much time in the kitchen, you know:)

o

I promise gang - it really wasn't me who told! I was just teasing you all 'cause I found it so funny that you all kept mentioning Roger..... and then the devil showed his horns! LOLOL!

Oh I am going to have to stop in here waaaaaay more often!

Alexa

o

Well back to bras - which do y'all prefer - regular straps, no straps, halter straps, racerbacks, back-close or front-close?

o

Racerback, front closing! Thank you! But i can't find one in my more ample size. Pooh!

E

o

Whatever fits!!! I have the darndest time finding one that fits me properly, so when I do discover one, I buy half a dozen. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer racerback with a front hook. Haven't found one of those yet.

o

Hi everyone, thought it was time to resurrect this thread for its one year anniversary (a little late)! Wonder if Roger will read it:)

Just wanted to pass on the information about the "Hanky Panky" thong. Ken just showed me an article from the Wall Street Journal about the 2 ladies who designed this thong - their trial and error in design, fabric, sewing, marketing, etc., and how successful they have become in their business. It's a great success story and here's a link to the thong. It's supposedly the most comfortable thong there is and worn by just about anybody who is anybody!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hanky Panky

o

so glad you brought this back to the top,, I wonder if it will lure Roger out of hiding?

o

Dragonfly, believe it or not Roger just posted yesterday on The Cooking Forum! Will wonders never cease:)

o

OMG. This is the place to be. Didn't catch on that the thread was a year old until the dates went beyond to day's. Anyone wanna start talking about brazilian waxes to go with the VPL discussion?

o

Jessy, I'm not surprised that you found your way over here, LOL. This is a slow moving forum, it seems to me! (Of course, I understand that with this particular thread since its so old but boy was it a fun one :)

o

woodie - I ordered some Hanky Pankys - out of stock! Will report back when they show up. I am a little concerned though...that mannequin modeling them looks to be a size zero. Put a real woman in them and....well who knows ;)

Happy Panty Anniversary everyone!

o

Hey Weed!

If they don't fit comfortably, be sure to let me know, cause this whole thing was Ken's idea! He only dreams that he has a woman who would wear a thong.

o

Ken shops women's underwear??!!!

o

Shhhhh, don't spread it around.

o

Oh my LOL, the places my insomnia takes me. Weed, I cannot help but bring up that you are well known for your little bitty "drawers" at the kitchen forum. So now instead of framed vs frameless it has gone to pantied vs commando and framed (wide elastic) vs frameless (fine elastic)panties. Thank you so much for the wee hour chuckles.

o

I think this thread will reach 100 sooner or later:)

o

lol Wildchild!!

woodie - And then we'll have to start another!

(did I tell you about my new front hook bra that likes to spill its contents at the most inopportune moments?.....)

o

Oh, how funny -- I have never visited this forum until 10 minutes ago, and here I find cooking/kitchen forum folks talking about their underwear. This is too much!

I may have to follow up on some of the suggestions, though.

Gina mentioned her search for a comfortable bra. Warner's "Friday's Bra" in styles #02094 and #02096 is very comfortable for me. They are seamless, so they give a smooth look under knits. Not sexy, though. Playtex "Secrets" #4233 is lacy and pretty. It is reasonably comfortable for an underwire and gives very good shaping.

Weed, the Tanga panties you suggested look interesting. I am most comfortable in a high-cut French leg, and those look similar, but with flatter edges. I will look for them.

o

Petaloid, they are great. Kohl's carries them, but the size selection can be spotty.

o

I can't believe who all I found over here and now I know what kind of underwear you all wear too! Makes you into a more three dimensional type of person. LOL Personally I like grannie panties the best.

o

I saw this original post before I found the cooking forum. It's much more interesting now that I know most of you!

We used to call commando style, california style. I had some friends (male) in college that were from California and introduced us to the concept.

The exciting part came when we were having a bonfire. Remember those jeans with no zipper, just metal buttons with solid shanks? Someone got too close to the fire for too long! I was told there was marking but I never looked!

o

*OWIE*!

I would have looked...

o

Weed! LOL!

o

Well of course I would have looked too!

In case anybody's interested, I still am not in a position to wear underwear that doesn't show through my "tight" pants. Well, darnit and carp, my loose pants are my tight pants and that's about all I need to share today.

o

lol woodie :)

o

I can sympathize Woodie.

I didn't look because I was young and innocent at the time.

o

I can't believe this thread is still going after a year! Sadly, I must admit that at my age a thong is totally not going to happen.

Helen

o

If this doesn't bring Roger back, nothing will!

o

Greetings all! Since I've taken the time to enjoy this whole thread, I thought I would contribute something -
woodie2, thanks for the link to the hanky panky, and I will look into those myself. On that same website, I found my favorite bra for work: http://www.herroom.com/Le_Mystere,Mys001-955,4.cfm
I admit it is not my absolute most comfortable (that goes to my Wacoal), but it looks like a million bucks every day. I have several (they are worth the $ if you wash in a lingere bag and hang them to dry), and wear them every weekday.
On the thong-wearing topic - if you are considering trying them, it is very much like learning to wear contact lenses. First, of course, you need a good fit (let me recommend the cossabella mesh thong). Then you will find that you can only wear them for a few hours the first day, then a bit longer the next time, and eventually, you don't even notice they are there.
Would love to go au naturale myself, but there is no way - talk about uncomfortable. I guess we are all constructed differently!

o

Caseyb, you actually read this entire thread! That's amazing:)

o

I see this thread has resurfaced on the cooking forum! I finally took a look at Mitche's fancy undies. They look great, 21 bucks or not! I'm going to try some. They look similar to my current favorites which aren't that much cheaper at about 15.00 and they are hard to find. The manufacturer doesn't sell directly. Macy's carries them but finding them there in my size is a spotty business.The thong is tummy flattening (which is a good thing!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Naomi & Nicole

o

A tummy flattening thong.. like you need to flatten a tummy if you can wear a THONG!!!

o

BarnMom, that's the most material I've ever seen on a thong. Seems like a misnomer.

o

I wore power panties under a long dress for a ball the other day,
and I felt like I was in a visegrip all evening; I did not need the derriere flattening effect though, so now I'm looking for "front only"
power panties....lol....

o

Mitch, "Power Panties" - lol, is that really their name or did you give them that name? Anyway, its a great name!

I wore some long (almost to the knee) "power panties" (called them panty girdle in the old days) for DS wedding in February and was fairly comfortable UNTIL I had to use the ladies room. Wow, what a struggle to get them down and then up again, LOL. Almost made me think twice about the next cocktail!

o

Hey Woodie, glad you said "almost made you think twice" -- give up the power panties before you give up second cocktail at a son's wedding!!

o
RE: .Finally found underwear that doesn't show!

Mitch, I love your phrase " power panties" I mean come on, if men can have "power ties" then we deserve Power Panties.

o

this is one of the few threads that got a lot of attention !!

favorite scents part 1 and 2 also generated a lot of traffic.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here