Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foundations

Posted by pinklady07 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 12:47

My skin seems to break out with heavy foundations so I need something that's light but also a good product. My friends have recommended MAC foundations, but I'm not really sure if I want to take that big of a hit to the wallet without asking around first. I'm 17 so I still have the typical adolescent woes of the skin, and as I said before, heavy stuff tends to make my face go crazy. I need something that covers it well, but doesn't irritate it and also isn't thick. I hate matte looks and really want to get some good makeup for my senior portraits; I don't want it to LOOK like I'm wearing makeup. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foundations

Paula Begoun (the author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me") has done a report called Drugstore Doubles which tells in her opinion the best cosmetics available from the drugstore. For foundations she recommends the Revlon line and she also mentions Neutrogena Visibly Even Natural-Look Makeup SPF 20.

I'm pretty happy with Clinique Soft Finish Make up.I think it's about $18. Have you tried Cover Girl?

I wonder if it is the sunscreen part of foundation that causes you to break out.

Good luck with those senior portraits. They'll take many shots, so I'm sure you'll get one you like. You are smart to plan ahead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cosmetic Cop

o
RE: Foundations//

PS Pinklady, I just noticed that the Cosmetic Cop webpage question of the month is about make up for brides since they will be having their pictures taken. There might be some helpful info for you there, even tho' you're not a bride! Check it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here