Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nail Polish peels off immediately!

Posted by cube1067 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 15, 09 at 12:44

Well maybe not immediately, but definitely within 12 hours. I am using only clear polish, with a quick dry coat. I paint my fingernails at night, go to bed, shower in the morning. After the shower my nail polish starts to peel away from the nail. I have been using TIPS, but I don't use it before doing my polish. I wash my hands before I polish. I used to do my fingernails all the time and am just getting back into it after 5 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nail Polish peels off immediately!

I have found that if you "rough" up the nail slightly with a nail file before painting, the polish will have more to grip onto and not chip or peel as easily. I had the same problems with my toes, I had my pedicurist start doing this on me and now it is the "secret" of the salon.

o

I have found that Sally Hanson No chip 10 day color stays
on good. I like 01 Bold Blossom.
A light pink.
sheshe

o

Dab your nails with alcohol to make sure there is no hand cream or soap residue before applying the polish.

o

I'm also wondering if you are putting it on too thick. I'm not sure that would make that much of a difference, only that they recommend 2 thin layers instead of 1 heavy coat. JMO

o

There is a bonding undercoat you can use that would make it stay on longer. Sally's carries it. They often use it for pedicure polish. The natural oil of your fingernails causes the polish to not last long on your natural nail. Since you don't use color, try Sally Hansen nailgrowth miracle (in the gold bottle) lasts a lot longer than clear polish and it dries pretty fast. I use it to strengthen my nails, really works for that but noticed it lasts a lot longer than ordinary clear polish. Then I sometimes put a light color over it and the color lasts a lot longer than just nail polish. Hope this helps.

o

Make sure your nails are oil free and use a good polish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here