Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foundation ?

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 24, 04 at 12:31

Can anyone recommend a foundation with maximum coverage (sun blotches, you know) for "mature" skin. I don't want a matte finish, a more moist, dewy finish is what I prefer. I'm using Revlon Age Defying 'all day lifting' foundation and I like the texture, but it's really a light coverage and I'm looking for more coverage.

Anybody?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foundation ?

Hey Woodie!

I use Paula Begoun's books - 'Don't go the the Cosmetics Counter without me' - to answer just those kind of questions. Here is the link to her website, and you can find her books on amazon, etc.

Jessica

Here is a link that might be useful: Cosmeticscops.com

o

Thanks, Jessy, (I mean, I guess it's Jessica, that sounds so formal for you:) I'd love to check out her books! I don't usually get too much into makeup, I'm a pretty simple, basic kind of gal. But suddenly this face of mine is turning old, ugh, and it needs a bit more attention.

o

LOL woodie! You can call me anything you want. The only folks who call me Jessy is forum folks, my father and DS's baseball coach. DH set up my email for me years ago - 'Jessy' - and it stuck. Don't care what I'm called as long as it's not late for dinner.

FYI Begoun also has a book about hair care produts, helpful now that I'm totally salt and pepper...

o

Try L'Oreal's Visible Lift extra coverage. Very dewy finish, super coverage without feeling too heavy.

o

Thanks a million, Lydia! It seems to be just what I'm looking for. I will most definitely give it a try.

o

Lydia - I bought some this morning and its really perfect for my skin! Thanks again so much for your reply and recommendation. I feel 25 again, LOL.

o

Ho Woodie, I would also suggest going to the Este or Lancome counter, Arden, Mac etc. and ask them the same question, they all have good products and they will gladly give you a fair size sample of their products to try before you invest. Heck with enough samples you won't have to 'invest' anything.
By the way I love that book "Don't go to the Cosmetic Counter....." she tells it like it is and saves you lots of costly 'mistakes'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here