Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New nail polish promises no chips

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 11:26

The holy grail of manicures: a home manicure where the polish won't chip within two days. I bought a new product last week, called Revlon Color Last. It consists of two bottles, one of color, the other of top-coat (no base). Instructions are to apply two coats of color (again, no base coat). Let dry, then apply one layer of the top-coat for shine and protection. I applied it Tuesday, and this is Sunday and my nails look pretty good. No chips, just some wear at the tips of three fingers of my right hand. I use my hands a lot for keyboarding,housework,gardening. I guess you could say I'm a normal person. Well, fairly normal . . . The bottle promised the manicure will last ten days. Well, I'm at six days and still going. I would recommend this product. I hope no one reports this , I am not advertising.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New nail polish promises no chips

I have a former co-worker who said the same thing about the same product. It wears like iron for her too.

o

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't wear polish at all because it usually is chipped the next day. The only time I can ever keep polish on my nails is with fake nails and I'm not doing that any more!

o

I use color last top coat the day after I get a manicure at a salon and it really helps extend it.

o

I've used this product for about 2 years or so---I cannot bring myself to waste my time with any other product. It's fabulous (a little hard to remove, however...)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here