Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
black skirt, what color hose?

Posted by bnjmom (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 10:12

I bought a great suit for the spring/summer. It's got a bright green jacket with a scarf sewn in. The scarf is black background with white daisy-shaped flower heads and the bright green in the center of the flower. Buttons on the jacket are green with black trim. Black also trims the sleeve and lapel. The skirt is solid black and knee length.

Black shoes, right? But what color hose? I have no fashion sense. I am fair skinned so bare legs aren't gonna look good, trust me. Mostly I'll be wearing this to business meetings but was thinking about wearing it to a wedding coming up.
Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: black skirt, what color hose?

I'd wear black hose but as you can see I'm also asking questions about fashion on this forum. LOL

o

I'm not a fashion guru but what I've noticed in the last few years is that a natural tan leg color, very thin hose, seems to be in fashion. Black hose is seen less.

I think it stems from the bare leg fashion; I try to find a color that looks as close to what my legs should look like , if they were lightly tanned and even ( which they are not !)

o

The trend is towards a more natural look leg so I would second what mitchdesi said.

If your legs are heavy then an off black would be more slimming but not as in style.

You could also use tanner on your legs and leave them bare.

o

Thank you!! My legs are not heavy but they're pale! I wouldn't feel comfortable, I don't think, with nothing on them. I'm 43- maybe I'm just too old or out-of-style.

So you're suggesting nude hose with black shoes, right? I had been taught (7 years ago...) about being monochromatic for a slimmer, taller, better look so I'd have gone with the black but that's why I'm here - to learn from you guys.

Again, thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here